Advance Chart (1 Viewer)

sgladie@bgsu.edu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:57
Using Access 2013
Trying to create a chart in Access on a form.
My first question, how do I access the data while in the chart software? I know I can use the properties to get to the query, but double-click in chart, and I cannot locate the data series to manipulate.
Second question: how can I just use the data "as is". It always wants to Sum, Count or do some function. I just want data that I have listed in my query.

I included an attachment. This is the chart I am hoping I can create in Access. I created it in Excel.

Data:
Label: listed the unit#/building
Days: how many days the unit has been in the current status
AvgDays: the average days for each status

The only thing I want to change on the attached chart is having the status show as different colors. So the columns that are "ready to rent" are green, and "in renovation" is in yellow. I could not figure out how to do that even in Excel.

Please help. I have read many threads, started over and over trying to figure this out. Even if I have to write VBA for it. I would appreciate the help! :banghead:

Attachments

• chart example.JPG
    chart example.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 75

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 10:57
So what is not clear in the videos on youtube or in the Access online documentation about how to make graphs in Access?

sgladie@bgsu.edu

Registered User.
Local time
It doesn't show LOTS of things - but a few...
-how to access your data while in the Graph software (not by datasheet)
-how to make a particular series into a line instead of a column (like it does in Excel)
-how to make it show just the value 'as is' instead of using a function (sum, avg, etc.)
...should I go on!? For all I have read, watched and listen to, it doesn't sound promising that you can achieve charts in Access like you can in Excel. I am not sure if there is VBA out there that would allow me to create the chart shown in the attachment or not. But I am not too hopeful with everything I have reviewed so far.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
In MS-Access you can do the Graph more or less the same as in Excel.
Post some sample data in Excel or a MS-Access database, (Version 2010), zip it.

sgladie@bgsu.edu

Registered User.
Local time
The Graph in Access is NOT the same as Excel - at least 2013 isn't. It is limited in what it can do compared to Excel. I researched via Microsoft's website and it seems to be everyone's frustration. Microsoft's answer is the capability of linking Access with Excel and visa versa. I really hope they someday realize that isn't the answer, when you want to keep the whole file together and not have to deal with "paths", and are trying to create a dashboard for clients!:banghead:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
...It is limited in what it can do compared to Excel. ..
I have not version 2013 (Excel and MS-Access) so I can neither confirm nor deny this, but what can you do in Excel 2013 that you can not do in MS-Access 2013 in your case?
I asked in my former post after some sample data, do you've any?
And only to be sure, do you want a graph like in your first post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom