Charts! (1 Viewer)

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:45
Hello. again. I have a report, and it has The month the item(s) was sold, to item(s) that were sold, and the Total sales for that item.
Now, what I want/needs to know is, how to I get a chart, per month, that has a overlay of each item per month. So, I can see that in 2014 we sold 200 items in may, and in 2013 we sold 146 in may of 2013. How do I set that up so I can see that information in a chart? Thanks!

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Today, 03:45
hi Infinite

To do this you need to create a query that sorts your data by the Month and the Year. I generally add 2 fields (TheMonth and TheYear) using the Format() function EG TheYear:Format([Date],"yyyy").

Now you have to decide on mess or clarity (HINT - CLARITY :rolleyes:)
It comes down to the number of data points. Say you have 4 products over 2 years. That is 96 data points. If you produce a single chart with all 4 products on it you would have 16 series which is messy. The better option is 1 graph per product. So create a report based on your query (so you have a Parent/Child scenario). Create your chart using Sales, Month and Year. Axis is TheMonth and Series is TheYear.

Have a look at the attached

Attachments

• Charts1.mdb
    396 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom