Missing Table (1 Viewer)

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
Today, 02:22
Here's a new one on me:

I have a split DB, local drive, development copy. I decided to add a new table to the backend.

Then, I wanted to link the frontend to it...it does not show up in the table list. I used the Linked Table Manager to update, I deleted all the links, and re-linked, and I deleted them again and imported all the tables. But the frontend does not show the new table I created!

I've tried compacting/repairing before and after deleting/linking.

I tried it in another DB, same thing. I've never seen this before.

:banghead:

Thanks for any help!

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Try this.

1. In the EXTERNAL tab, Import & Link, click on the Access icon
  2. Choose "Link to the data source by creating a linked table"
  3. Click on Browse and navigate to the backend database
  4. Click OK
  5. Look in the Tables tab

Is the table listed there? If not try deleting and readding to the backend. If it is then just select it and click ok.

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
I tried that. Just one table does not show up in the list.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
If you add another table to the backend then what? Are two tables missing from the list then?

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
Does splitting a DB change anything besides moving the tables to another file and linking? Maybe there is some setting that could cause a problem here.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Does splitting a DB change anything besides moving the tables to another file and linking? Maybe there is some setting that could cause a problem here.

I don't think so. The question is, "What the difference between the tables before the split and the new table in the backend." I can't think of any setting that would hide a single table.

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
Got it, sneuberg. It's my fault, the default path set in Access is different than the folder I develop in, so I got the wrong back end!!

Well, sometimes it's the silly things that stump us...

Thanks for the quick response! Peace.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
You probably know that the tables in the backend have to be real tables and not links to tables, right?

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
Yeah. Lol. I copy my development files to a back up folder and some time ago that was my working folder...I simply did not change the default Access project folder to something else...and the names are similar enough that I overlooked that.

mjdemaris

Working on it...
Local time
I've been working on permissions at folder/file levels as well, so moving things around and trying to be careful not to lock myself out may have contributed to the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom