Create Temporary Table in MS-Access database connected to SharePoint (1 Viewer)

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:29
Hi,

I am working on Access project where Access tables are published to SharePoint. There are some client forms that requires to Make/Drop some temp tables for calculation and I donot want them to Sync to SharePoint. I can see that temporary tables took some time to create as it Sync/publish table creation to SharePoint. Is there a way to create Temporary table that are not dependent to SharePoint and does not Sync to SharePoint?

Thank you
Mohsin

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry how to use local temp tables? I could not find an option to create local temp tables? Any table created sync automatically on SharePoint? Also check table options/icon in screenshot https://goo.gl/Cvpo6r

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:29
Hi

Sorry - bit of a brain fade there ....

However I THINK you can link to a table in a LOCAL db.
If my memory is correct.... you could do so in Access 2010 version of web databases - I stopped using them after that.

BTW - did you see my reply to the Spanish / English question you raised recently?

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Colin, I am still struggling and Is there a way if we can setup local table within Access or is it simply not possible?

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Colin, thanks for suggestion and sharing link. Does that mean Access Desktop (ACCDB) will no longer work with SharePoint? My only need is to have a centralized backend where multi-users can work on the database from different location?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
AFAIK desktop Access apps are not affected in any way.
In fact after years of neglect, it seems MS may finally be about to make some improvements to the capabilities of desktop Access

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
AFAIK desktop Access apps are not affected in any way.

Did you mean that desktop access apps connected with SharePoint online/Office365 will not be affected in any way? I am hoping that access desktop users will still have the following 03 options with SharePoint connected backend (https://goo.gl/uFmz3A)?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Suggest you check implications for desktop apps on the MS Office 365 site
I can't really add to what I've already said

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom