Question How do I get my Web Database back to normal? Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

the_angry_monkey

Local time
Today, 02:26
Hi. I have been recently updating a database I use to track student progress in school. I wanted the database to be available online so staff could work at home and I was really sold on the Access 2010 idea of having a web database. I built the new DB using the "New Web Database" command. Around mid way through this process I realised that I actually needed SharePoint 2010 Server for this to work, which is not available to me. I decided instead to upload all my tables as SharePoint lists on the school server and have a front end database for each user. The database works great at home on Access 2010. The problem now is that, despite still having the accdb extension, the Web Database will not open in Access 2007 which I have available in school. Is there any way I can easily convert my web database back to a standard Access 2007/10 database without having to do it all again or have I wasted 2 days of my life?

As a side issue. Does anyone know why Accessruntime switch in 2007/10 disables the quick access toolbar? I used to keep the filter funtion, which I use a lot in there so it was available to users with the runtime version of the app. Now it seems that I will have to code a custom ribbon just to include the "filter" button.

Thanks for any help

Alex

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 04:26
Hi. I have been recently updating a database I use to track student progress in school. I wanted the database to be available online so staff could work at home and I was really sold on the Access 2010 idea of having a web database. I built the new DB using the "New Web Database" command. Around mid way through this process I realised that I actually needed SharePoint 2010 Server for this to work, which is not available to me. I decided instead to upload all my tables as SharePoint lists on the school server and have a front end database for each user. The database works great at home on Access 2010. The problem now is that, despite still having the accdb extension, the Web Database will not open in Access 2007 which I have available in school. Is there any way I can easily convert my web database back to a standard Access 2007/10 database without having to do it all again or have I wasted 2 days of my life?

As a side issue. Does anyone know why Accessruntime switch in 2007/10 disables the quick access toolbar? I used to keep the filter funtion, which I use a lot in there so it was available to users with the runtime version of the app. Now it seems that I will have to code a custom ribbon just to include the "filter" button.

Thanks for any help

Alex

Welcome to AWF.

Note: Access is backwardly compatible. If you create anything in Access 2010 using thew new 2010 features, you will NOT be able to use it with prior versions of Access.

You could install the free Access 2010 Runtime to use the 2010 web database features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom