tables placed later in backend (1 Viewer)

exaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:41
Hello Experts,
I have an application where the programs and data are split. Now I have to add two more tables to the application. These tables are sitting in the frontend. How can I move them to backend and make them linked tables. I moved them to backend. Then tried with the link table manager but could not do it. What am I missing. Thanks.

Cotty42

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:41
Move the tables to the Backend and then link to them using the External data tab

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:41
Then tried with the link table manager but could not do it.

What does that mean exactly? Get an error message? You emotionally you broke down at the thought of it because it reminded you of your deceased father? Don't know how to link tables? The links showed but no data was there? Please explain what 'could not do it' means?

exaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Move the tables to the Backend and then link to them using the External data tab
It worked Cotty42. Thanks a lot.

You emotionally you broke down at the thought of it because it reminded you of your deceased father?

Oh Plog, please stop being aggressive. What does that have to do with my or your father. We are trying to solve problems here.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:41
Yes, we are trying to solve a problem, and when your notification to us is just "I have a problem. Full stop.", it does no one any good in helping you solve it.

You don't just drop your car off at the mechanic at night with a note on it that just says "Fix my car". (and to head you off, I know this isn't about father's or mechanics, I just used them to help illustrate points)

exaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, we are trying to solve a problem, and when your notification to us is just "I have a problem. Full stop.", it does no one any good in helping you solve it.

You don't just drop your car off at the mechanic at night with a note on it that just says "Fix my car". (and to head you off, I know this isn't about father's or mechanics, I just used them to help illustrate points)

Good, but I believe there are much more politer ways of saying that. Well now enough of that back to work.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
make sure you now do have the linked tables. if you have a table called "newtable" in the front end, and link to a table called "newtable" in the backend, the name of the newly linked table may well be "newtable1" - which will not work how you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom