Access Web App 2013, query help (1 Viewer)

2ilent8cho

Local time
Today, 22:29
Hi, i'm a bit rusty with Access and web apps seem very different still, but so far got my head around them except with the query part i just cannot get it to work.

The background is i work at high school and they want to turn what they do on paper electronic and Access Web App seems they best way.

They have a removals room where the naughty kids go who have been removed from lessons.

So to check them into the room i have 1 table that lists all the students and how many periods they are to serve in the room and when they started in there.

I then have another table thats related ID on the first table = RefID on this table. This logs each period they serve how well they behave and how well they work.

This then gives the finished app looking like this

All good so far :)

Now where i am getting stuck. If the student is put in for 6 periods i want a box on the app that says they have X amount of periods left to serve based on a count of how many rows match there ID on the second table.

I can get the count to work in a query

If i run that and put a 1 in (who has 6 rows in the second table where the RefID field is his ID from the first table)

I get the result 6, so the query all works.

How do i get that result into my app in that periods_done field on the first table? and how do i pipe the current ID to the query? Once i get that i can do a calculation of periods - periods_done and they write that back to the record entry and then make a box showing the periods done by the student. I have been playing for days with macros and i just cannot figure this one out. It just seems to hard to put a row count result on a form.

Attachments

• QR_Students.png
    QR_Students.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 528
  • QR_Log.png
    QR_Log.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 494
  • App_look.png
    App_look.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Query_count.png
    Query_count.png