Query builder not saving my queries (1 Viewer)

LewisWA02

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:39
I've tried looking this up in a number of different locations, but cannot find an answer.
I'm running Access 2016 and up until about a week ago it was going well. Now, when I modify a query in the query builder on a form or report, it won't save. I'll make the changes, save it, close the query, and when I go back to the design of the form it's as if I never modified the query. In order to get it to work, I have to switch to SQL view, copy the string, and paste it into the record source field in properties.:banghead:
Has anyone else ran into this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:39
Sounds like a corruption issue. Have you done a Compact & Repair on this DB since the problem started? (If not, do one and see what happens.)

That's the easiest possible fix, but there could be others. Make it a point to copy your DB to a safe place in case the C&R operation goes bonkers on you.

If C&R doesn't help, come back for other suggestions.

LewisWA02

Registered User.
Local time
Doc,
That was the first thing I tried. This morning I thought it may be a local setting I'd inadvertently changed, so I opened a blank database and tried to save a query builder there, but I got the same result. I'm just really confused because I don't know what I may have changed, or if a windows update cause it, or what.

Ranman256

Local time
sometimes it wont save because the db is read only.

LewisWA02

Registered User.
Local time
Ranman,
I understand that, but it's happening to all the databases I've been working on. Is there a setting that I might have turned on that would cause this to happen?

LewisWA02

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure why, but as of yesterday all my databases returned to normal and I can once again save the query from the query builder and it sticks. Thanks to those who tried to help. :confused:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:39
The problem was probably that you had more than one copy of the database open at once. In such cases, it becomes read only.

LewisWA02

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately Ridders, it wasn't that simple. It started working again when our IT replaced all of our old servers over the weekend with new machines. I don't know why that would affect it, but now it works and that's all that matters at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom