Form not loading for all users - Access 2016 (1 Viewer)

logbran

Local time
Today, 11:56
I built a simple ticket support app in Access 2016. The database is split with the back end on a network drive accessible by all users and the .accde front end saved directly to all users' desktops. For about half of my users, only the header of the form partially loads like in the image below, regardless if they're in read-only or not. The form should have several textboxes and a button that write to a new record in the table. All of them have identical settings in the trust center.

Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:56
What happen if they click the button "Save as" and open that database?

logbran

Local time
Same thing, this was just an example screenshot I grabbed from a user's Outlook. They all have it stored locally on their desktop and get the same screen.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:56
It looks like they have clicked on the app twice so have opened two copies of it.
As the first is already open, the lock file will prevent the second copy opening correctly.
Look for two icons on the taskbar or two instances of Access in Task Manager.

logbran

Local time
It looks like they have clicked on the app twice so have opened two copies of it.
As the first is already open, the lock file will prevent the second copy opening correctly.
Look for two icons on the taskbar or two instances of Access in Task Manager.

Same screen comes up off of a clean restart. The 'Save as' message is because it's opened from an outlook attachment. Screen looks the same when opened from the local desktop.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
For a start, nobody should try to run an Access database from an Outlook attachment. It won't work properly.

Secondly the desktop should only be used for shortcuts, not applications.
Save the ACCDB file to a suitable folder and make it a trusted location or trusted document.
Then it should run ok either from the folder or desktop shortcut.

logbran

Local time
For a start, nobody should try to run an Access database from an Outlook attachment. It won't work properly.

Secondly the desktop should only be used for shortcuts, not applications.
Save the ACCDB file to a suitable folder and make it a trusted location or trusted document.
Then it should run ok either from the folder or desktop shortcut.

I know it won't work from Outlook, I just used that to grab a screenshot. The accde is on the desktop with the accdb back end in a network folder.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
So move the accde file to a trusted location. Not the desktop

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
Today, 10:56
I know it won't work from Outlook, I just used that to grab a screenshot. The accde is on the desktop with the accdb back end in a network folder.

Sounds like some users do not have READ and WRITE access to the folder where the back end is stored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom