automate purchase Parts (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:43
hi,

I have some tables called suppliers , products,
inI the supplier table I have say 25 supplier , and in the products table I have about 200. these products are split between the 25 suppliers

then i create a purchase order i ust a form called "purchase orders " and a sub form called " purchase order detiails

when i create a new p/o i select the supplier , expected delivery date , submitted by, and approved by in the " purchase order form" then in the subfrom i use a drop down box to select the items i need from the 200 items which belongs to that supplier ( seems long way of doing it ?)

how can it be changes so either when i select the supplier it automanaticall out all there product in my form " purchase order details " form and i just enter the qty for each item

it then looks at the next upplier and does the same .

just runs thro all the suppliers creating orders until all the parts have been ordered

thanks steve

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 21:43
If I understand you, you would filter the products for only those of the supplier that you selected. Use a query and not the table for the products source. Use the Form control name for the criteria of the query.

HTH

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43
it then looks at the next upplier and does the same .

just runs thro all the suppliers creating orders until all the parts have been ordered

If you actually want to create blank purchase orders for every supplier for every part they supply, it could be done. Presuming you have purchase order header and detail tables, in a loop of the supplier table create a header record and then using the purchase order ID create detail records by adapting this:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html

Ignore the form/subform references and adapt them to use your recordset values.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:43
If you keep inventory and a minimum stock level, you can create a query that selects all the items for a given supplier where the inventory is less than 10% (pick your own %) more than the minimum stock level and place an order for the minimum stock quantity.

It would be very unusual for you to want to order every item from every supplier every time you created a PO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom