Barcode Scanner stopped updating form (1 Viewer)

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:26
Hi,

I am using Access 2003 and there is a from with barcode scanner to update the shipping data. This form has a sub-form which is working perfectly fine and updating data but the barcode scanner assigned with main form stopped working today. I tried different scanner too and different system too but its not working. Please help me finding the issue and the resolution. I have no idea what it could be??

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:26
Check thevalue the bar code reader generates.

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
It's a USB reader and I tried in excel its printing the correct value

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
Here's one more thing, I have a test copy of that database and the reader is working perfect in there. The workgroup for live and test shortcuts is the same. Here are the Target sources, for live - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\RCM Local\Design.mdb" /wrkgrp "G:\RCMV2\RCM.mdw"
and for test - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "H:\test\Design - Copy.mdb" /wrkgrp "G:\RCMV2\RCM.mdw"

I copied test database in Cdrive but still it won't work but the test works. I tried importing the form from test copy to live but it won't work there. What it could be???

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:26
The scanner is passing the barcode read as text?
Have you tried creating a new form with just a text box and scan to see if you can get the value there?

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
Yes that's what I did. I created a new form, linked the sub-form with it and it's working now. Thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom