Introduction (1 Viewer)

John53

Local time
Today, 03:18
Hello my name is John, I have used this web site for answers to a number issues for a number of years. I have been programming Access since 2000, mostly for the US department of Defense. In my career I have found DoD personnel tend to use Word or Excel to aid in their work to produce information from tracking something or generating a printed product but they have always had to use other manual methods to get the end product. I have been so interested in Access that there literally hasn't been anything that I couldn't use Access for in my line of work that didn’t make my job easier. I started using just macros in the beginning and kept that up for about ten years and have slowly made the addition of VBA to my databases in the past few years.
I manage a section for the Department of the Air Force in Emergency Management. I served in the US Air Force for 22+ years and have been a government civil servant employee for about 14+ years. In other location my area would have three or four personnel in it but where I am presently at there is only me and that is why I try to use Access to make my job a bit more easier to do. I hope to not burden the people on this forum and though I have been programming with Access for a while I feel I am still a novice. Hopefully there is something I can contribute in the days to come. One more thing, in all of the sites that I have visited this one stands out to me as having the best answers and with no personality issues in the discussions. Other got very nasty with beginners when they didn't do as the "pros" on the site wanted them to. After all the only bad question is one that isn't asked. Thank you. :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:18
Welcome John! My daughter is in the USAF, and I keep asking if there's anything I can create for her (she's a maintenance officer). So far she's always so busy she can't devote time to look into it.

Thanks for your service!

John53

Local time
Today, 03:18
Thank you. I retired at the end of 2010. At that time finding a civilian job was kind of a pain for the field I am in. The only thing helping me was I was in the reserve for teh last ten years of my career and I had a fulltime civilian job attached to my military position. Once I decided to retire I was luck to find a position at Offutt AFB. And thank you for supporting your daughter and for her service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom