Tip 10+ things that are broken in Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 06:43
The only one thing I disagree with the author is to turn on AutoCorrupt.

Beyond that, no arguments.

ions

Access User
Local time
What quarter of 2010 is Access 2010 coming out?

Is point 1 (Can't setup a specific printer for a report) totally fixed with the Hotfix? This is very important.

If you were to start a new access application from scratch would you develop in Access 2003 or 2007 if the client didn’t have a preference?

Thanks.

Peter.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
What quarter of 2010 is Access 2010 coming out?
there is no date given at this point. We do not have a clue. We can guess but nobody, even the MVP's, do not know when it will be out.

Is point 1 (Can't setup a specific printer for a report) totally fixed with the Hotfix? This is very important.
I thought I saw a new hotfix out that included that. I would have to go to my RSS feeds to look but it is at home so I can't at the moment.
If you were to start a new access application from scratch would you develop in Access 2003 or 2007 if the client didn’t have a preference?
2007 for me. I like it and there are a lot of useful things there. People get all worked up over the Ribbon, but it is great as far as I am concerned. Yes there are things that could be better about it (and some of that is addressed in 2010) but overall, it is a good version and I would rather work in it than in 2003 (at least that is my view - and I have to work in 2003 at work).

ions

Access User
Local time
Bob other than the ribbon what else do you like about 2007 vs. 2003?

Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Bob other than the ribbon what else do you like about 2007 vs. 2003?

Thanks

Split forms, not having to use code for the Not In List event on a combo box, extra events available, mouse wheel control, built in filtering on forms, binding image controls to UNC path, buttons with graphics AND text, Rich text fields, and probably others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

ions

Access User
Local time
Hmmmm.... That sounds appealing. (Haven't touched 2007 yet)

I find the lack of User Level Security is a major limitation though if I am not going to build a SQL Server Backend.

Do the .MDBs in Access 2007 have many of the features you mentioned above.

Graphic buttons is very attractive especially. If I use an .mdb with user level security in Access 2007 will this feature be available to me?

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:43
2007 for me...overall, it is a good version and I would rather work in it than in 2003 (at least that is my view - and I have to work in 2003 at work).
that's interesting. i haven't touched 2007 yet either.

[btw: i just posted the articles for interest's sake (and i think TR is a good website). i don't take them to mean '07 suxorz and i won't go near it - every version has its issues.]

bob, (or anyone), don't you run into "compatibility" issues, i.e. not many people have '07? hmm, there's a runtime for that isn't there. maybe it's no longer an issue? does the runtime work on previous OSs?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
bob, (or anyone), don't you run into "compatibility" issues,
for the projects I've worked on using 2007, no.

i.e. not many people have '07?
I think more do than you may realize.

hmm, there's a runtime for that isn't there. maybe it's no longer an issue? does the runtime work on previous OSs?
The Access 2007 runtime and SDK is available for FREE from the Microsoft website and I understand from several others that it does work with previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom