Hi all! (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:58
Let me go first...

My name is Jon and I own these forums! :)

I started them over 10 years ago (from memory) and they have steadily grown since. In the past I used to do Microsoft Access consultancy and still do the occasional contract. Nowadays however, mostly I spend my time with my internet based projects.

Currently, I live in East Sussex in South East England.

Last edited:

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:58
Hi Jon,
Thanks to introduce yourself. Last week I asked SOS who is owner of this site, he tells about you. It has been heard that this site is going to change somewhere.
This is very good site for discussion. Why it is going to be changing? I am not very new here, but I used to come here rarely and find here some good MVPs and nice ppl.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I started them over 10 years ago (from memory)

Somewhere around 96/97 if memory serves correctly;)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That long ago? Wow! Longer than I thought! Have you been a member since then Rich?

Khalid, SOS is not the owner of this site, I am!

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:58
I know you are the one, Mr. Jon ;)
That what SOS has told me. I register last year here, but I used to come here very rarely, so I don't know more ppl here, but I found some good and nice ppl here, bob larson was the man, we miss him.

The site speed is much improved now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, nearly all of us miss Bob.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 01:58
jon - Speed fine 11.55 UK time
and I must be within spitting distance of you - Kent - but very near the East Sussex Border -

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I live just south of Tunbridge Wells.

GaryPanic

Local time
well - blow me -

I am RTW behind the hospital ....

Magno

Local time
Today, 05:58
I think the forum does not need any change. The information must be free for the whole community of programmers. Jon, you have been doing a good job here, do not throw it away.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Small world Gary. ;) Specifically, I live in Crowborough.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:58
I think the forum does not need any change. The information must be free for the whole community of programmers. Jon, you have been doing a good job here, do not throw it away.

Nobody said anything about charging anyone. I believe by his plan, everyone will have access to what they have access to today without charge. He's just looking to make upgrades. :)

GaryPanic

Local time
used to work at the golf club there ....
for those who don't know its Arthur C Doyle country and about 6-7 miles away from Pooh bridge -

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm going to a pub called the Hay Waggon Inn tonight that is 100 yards from Pooh Bridge!

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
That long ago? Wow! Longer than I thought! Have you been a member since then Rich?

Yes, I followed Pat Hartman and Bob Raskew from an American forum that I've long since forgotten the name of:eek:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Nobody said anything about charging anyone. I believe by his plan, everyone will have access to what they have access to today without charge. He's just looking to make upgrades. :)

The very fact that this service is free is a testemony to Jon and we really should show our appreciation a bit more often if by no other means than not bitching and moaning and just being glad that he's so generous.

Thanks Jon, we are grateful for your effort over the years. JD, thanks for sticking up for him ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom