Question Has anyone else had all of their fonts spontaneously change? (1 Viewer)

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
The font for all my forms and reports have somehow changed to a different font.
Text is now too large to fit into it's boxes and, in some cases, I have no room to accommodate the larger font.

It may be connected to an upgrade from Office 2013 to Office 365. Has anybody else experienced this?

Is it possible that I accidentally did this?

Is it possible to change them all back without having to manually edit every form and report?

EDIT: It may have been the font sizes that changed, not the font type.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:02
IF the fonts changed you probably changed to a different style or modified the style you were using

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 17:02
it can happen when the default printer changes.
1 person sees HP4
another opens it and sees Adobe pdf.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Only time I have seen this happen is when the font is not loaded on the computer.

Are you normally using a special or custom font? Alternately does your machine have a special font set as its default?

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a way to reduce text size of all text on a form or report, by the same amount, all at once

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I doubt if this is the problem, but might it be an issue with using windows themed controls as a database setting? Or some other general setting?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:02
Generally, using Windows themes will adjust colors. Don't recall it ever affecting fonts.

By any chance was that on a Windows 10 system?

We had a case a few months back where it was interacting with the display resolution and there was some kind of - for lack of a better term - a round-off error causing sizes to round UP. You would have seen your desktop font sizes change at the same time if this were the case.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Generally, using Windows themes will adjust colors. Don't recall it ever affecting fonts.

Changing the theme will modify the font name to whatever that theme uses but it won't change the size.

Some of the older system fonts (before True Type) were only available in point sizes like 8,10,12 etc but that's rarely an issue these days unless you have a VERY old database

The only other place I've seen fonts spontaneously changing point size is in chart design where they "helpfully" reset themselves to fit the space available ...and them I change them back to what I want again

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:02
Colin, that is true. "System" font is notorious for this kind of limitation, but nobody uses it that often now that Lucida Console is generally available.

Fluid, what type face are you using and is it a True Type font?

Anakardian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
Keep in mind that size is not the same across fonts.
I have found that verdana is about 1 size larger than arial.
No doubt the same can be found between other fonts.

I would not be concerned with the font size immediately but rather figure out how to get the font back to what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom