Update-able field in query (1 Viewer)

Gavx

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:59
I have a query that returns records from a table. One of the fields in the table that is outputed in the query is a check box field.

I would like to select the checkbox filed in the query output and have the same checkbox field in the table checked.But I find I cannot select the checkbox field in the query. What would be the reason?

thanks for helping

Gavx

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, just saw that. The query is a Find Unmatched Records query. Here is the SQL;

SELECT tblImport.Import, tblImport.TransactionDate, tblImport.Amount, tblImport.TransactionDescription, tblImport.AccountNo
FROM tblImport LEFT JOIN tblAccountTransactions ON (tblImport.Amount = tblAccountTransactions.BankedAmount) AND (tblImport.AccountNo = tblAccountTransactions.AccountNo) AND (tblImport.TransactionDescription = tblAccountTransactions.TransactionDescription)
WHERE (((tblAccountTransactions.TransactionDescription) Is Null) AND ((tblAccountTransactions.BankedAmount) Is Null) AND ((tblAccountTransactions.TransactionDate) Is Null));

I cannot see how this matches any of those conditions listed in your link?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:59
I assume that all the fields are read only....in other words the query as a whole
The most common reason is a one to many link between the tables.

Other things you could try:
a) Does the boolean field have a default value - if not assign it, either 0 or -1.
ESSENTIAL if tables are in SQL Server and good practice in any case.
b) Try changing from SELECT to SELECT DISTINCTROW or possibly to SELECT DISTINCT

Without seeing your data, all I can do is make suggestions ...but no guarantee these will work

Gavx

Registered User.
Local time
SELECT DISTINCTROW did allow me to edit, SELECT DISTINCT did not.

Thanks a lot

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:59
That's great. I thought that would be the most likely solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom