World Cup Germany 2006 (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:48
Minkey said:
Wouldn't you simply create a new World Cup called The World Series of Football (sorry soccer :rolleyes: ) and only allow entry to MLS teams, change the format so it's the best of 7 games, the players have to stop play when a team gets into the opposition half to allow 5 midfielder and 5 strikers to come on (the other team can bring on 8 defenders and 3 goalkeepers), any shot any where near the goal counts as 3 points a shot within 5 yards of the goal counts as 5 and an actual goal as 7 (a bonus 3 points if the shot originated outside the penalty area) just to keep the points scored at at least 100 each.
:p :D

You forgot the cut to the commercials on every free kick :p

statsman

Local time
Today, 03:48
In the first World Cup, played in Uruguay in 1934:

India went home. FIFA wouldn't let them play without boots. The Indians never used them.

The USA made it out of their group, but lost in the quarter-final.

Most of the world football/soccer powers stayed home. They didn't think much of the idea of a world championship. MORE FOOLS THEY.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:48
*** Update ***

The BBC have updated their schedule and will stream the games being shown on the BBC (some of the games are being aired by ITV) via the web - for UK residents only of course :rolleyes:
So good news for anyone stuck in the office ;) - more details here

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Get In There

Minkey said:
The BBC have updated their schedule and will stream the games being shown on the BBC (some of the games are being aired by ITV) via the web - for UK residents only of course :rolleyes:
So good news for anyone stuck in the office ;) - more details here

My boss can kiss goodbye to me doing anything productive when a game is on the bbc now ha ha ha ha

My personal opinion is the americans will just miss out from getting the knock out stages along with germany or Brazil

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
statsman said:
In the first World Cup, played in Uruguay in 1934:

India went home. FIFA wouldn't let them play without boots. The Indians never used them.

The USA made it out of their group, but lost in the quarter-final.

In 1934, the World Cup was played in Italy. Uruguay, who had hosted (and won) the inaugural competition in 1930 did not travel as it was too far away. The USA reached the semi-finals in 1930; I think they were beaten 5-1, or something, by Argentina.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
selenau837 said:
*sexy growl* Puurrssssssssssss

Hmmm not exactly sure what you see in him but we have never actually met have we.....

L

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom