Bournemouth/South West England Groups ?? (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:57
South West England Group

Welcome to South West England group !

I have been searching for an Access User Group in (Bournemouth) South West England for a while, could not find any, so decided to start one. Although, I have no clue where to begin this. We do not meet up regularly or conduct seminars, as I am not sure how many of us are out there. ;)

BUT, if you are from around the area with limited/advanced experience and would like to share the knowledge or learn, please drop your name and location (maybe a bit of an introduction) then if this grows in time, we will decide of putting up something in the near future.

Let me start.

Hello, I am Paul from Bournemouth. I will place myself as an intermediate user of Access. Working for an Insurance provider since November 2011 just after graduating from Uni. Learning every single day & enjoying it ! :)

Last edited:

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Now we need to start recruiting I guess.. ;)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm in Oxfordshire, so now we are 3:D

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm in Newbury Berks... now we are 5 (I'm useless at maths)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So who would like to meet up for a pre Xmas drink/meal somewhere mutually convenient?

Sounds like somewhere around Swindon or Bath might be suitable if all come?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Wow ! I am so excited to do this to be honest ! I sent a message to Jon about actually doing this as a whole AWF family thing, but think he is busy so did not respond. But I would be up for this doing in a smaller group first..

+ 1 For Bath ;)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Okay sounds great now that we are three of us ! How about December 14, @Hare & Hounds ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That's OK for me - are we talking lunch or evening? Prefer lunch!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No - but you are more than welcome to join us in the UK, tho' guess it's warmer in FL right now

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 16:57
No - but you are more than welcome to join us in the UK, tho' guess it's warmer in FL right now

We are expecting a cold front about midnight. It really going to get terrible around here. It might even get down to around 62 F:D

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago on business we got -34F - the Ohio froze over and the coal barges couldn't get to the power stations. Amazing thing was the cars didn't freeze up and everything was dry - no moisture in the air - although we went up to Seven Springs one weekend and woke to an ice storm which coated the cars on one side with about 6 inches of ice - other side had about 2 inches.

Much warmer in Miami!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 16:57
I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago on business we got -34F - the Ohio froze over and the coal barges couldn't get to the power stations. Amazing thing was the cars didn't freeze up and everything was dry - no moisture in the air - although we went up to Seven Springs one weekend and woke to an ice storm which coated the cars on one side with about 6 inches of ice - other side had about 2 inches.

Much warmer in Miami!

I am in Belleview, FL which is about 180 miles north of Miami. I know what cold is, however, I am originally from RI and MA. I have been in Fl 23 years. Many times I had to get go outside and start the car before work and let it warm up for 1/2 hour. I have seen ice on all sides of the car and have to use a ice scraper to clear the windshield. I go back to RI every two or three years for meetings, but of course I only book in the summer. My first year down here I went for a ride on my motorcycle in Nov. and sent a picture back on my bike in short sleeves.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
That's OK for me - are we talking lunch or evening? Prefer lunch!
I would prefer Lunch too ! Say meet up by 2 pm? Or earlier somewhere else?

PS: Should we also create a thread in Watercooler section and see if there are any more takers?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
At the moment we have me in Oxford, Gizmo in Newbury and Paul in Bournmouth, so unless Penfold is going to join us, it seems to me that Newbury might be a closer location. Happy to leave it in Bath, just running it up the flagpole, see who salutes it!

2pm is OK with me but happy to make it a bit earlier, say 1pm. It will be busy so suggest we do need to book a table.

Can move this post to the water cooler - but I don't know how

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Just created a New thread - AWF - Christmas meal

Newbury could be an alternative. I have never been there, so should be an interesting trip ;)

In the thread I have mentioned the tentative idea as Bath - Hare & Hound pub 14 December 2013, 1pm..

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Also Posted in AWF - Christmas meal Thread

Yes I'm in, I'm flexible on time, date and location. What you,ve got so far looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom