Need access help... (1 Viewer)

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:47
So for the "lot number" that you see at the top of the picture, put a me.requery in there for the event procedure?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, if they search with a button, I'd put it there. Basically you want to requery the form before they search.

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
Ohhhh, ok, so put it in the "find record" command. And the me.requery?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, whatever the existing code is put

Me.Requery

before it.

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
Gotcha. You guys are awesome. You're my "go to" people. Lol. Thank you! I will add that and see how it goes. I appreciate your help, as always. Enjoy your weekend!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem, post back if you get stuck. If you accumulate a lot of records, you may want to go a different direction. That requery may start taking too long, as might loading the form.

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
I will, thank you. We should never have more than 2,000 records in there. We delete some daily that are completed audited.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You never need them for reporting or anything? Most of us wouldn't delete the records, we'd flag them as "archived" or whatever. Then you'd base the form on a query that excluded archived records.

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
No cause once they are audited and released we no longer have the packages in those locations. They go to a different area out of our department and are documented in a different system that my company uses. This database that I created is strictly just for my department to keep track of the packages we receive.

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
And the other system that the company uses saves them for 10 years before they get trashed.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like you've got it organized properly then!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
You know what they say, "you don't need it, until you do." Just saying...

Reeses

Registered User.
Local time
Hey all! I'm back again. Lol. And since yall are so awesome and helpful, I have another issue. Lately sporadically, my coworkers are getting the error "could not update, currently locked" when they try to enter information and save it. It's happened twice so far and once they all restarted their computers it was fine.
What could be causing this? I have it set to no locks so I'm not sure why this is happening. Any thoughts? It is possible 2 people are adding info on the same record at the same time, but not in the same fields.

Also, I tried that Me.requery in the "find record" command button and when I would hit the button, nothing was coming up to allow me to search. So I took it out and it was fine. Weird.

Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. If this is a new issue, you might consider starting a new thread to get a fresh look from other contributors. Update conflicts happen at the record level, not at the field level. So, if user 1 updated field 1, and user 2 updates field 2 for the same record, you could still get a write conflict error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom