Reports realy slow! Even in design mode (1 Viewer)

monfas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:44
Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help with this one.

I'm designing a database, and currently I'm designing reports. The DB has been working completely fine, however, when loading and working with reports, has become extremely slow. And only is slow when has to open anything containing a report.

The problem doesn't look like being with queries, as all queries run fine and fast. I tried to do a simple report, not linked to any thing, just with an unbounded text box and works equally bad. It freezes and takes ages to respond, mostly when I pass from detail section to page header section.

The other thing, is that the "Analyze Performance" button is not enabled, but I think that has to do with being a web compatible database... in any case, I can't analyze it.

I'm working in access 2010, with windows 7 64bit.

Does anyone has any clue of what is happening? Any suggestion?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:44
Access "talks" to the printer when you work with reports, even in design view. If it has trouble communicating with the printer because it is off-line or busy, things can slow to a crawl. Try changing your default printer to the .pdf printer. If this eliminates the problem, you know there is some issue with your printer. I leave my laptop set this way since it isn't always connected to a network and so doesn't always have a "live" printer.

monfas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:44
Right on spot! Was exactly that. I have as default printer a network printer, but I am not connected to the network currently.

Changed the default printer to the XPS printer, and the reports open normally.

Thanks a lot Pat Hartman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom