Report Query (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:22
Hi All,

I need some guidance please.
I writing a query to gather data for a report. i have a print menu selection screen where criteria is selected from about 7 tables. not all tables will be applicable at one time. I have written in my query to display selected records in the different tables but I used "Or" criteria, meaning any selection made will display all records that meet the criteria including records from other tables not selected because of the "Or" criteria. So my question is, how do I go about to display only what is required. for instance if i select to see Spares from category table and Local from the customer Table, displayed will give all types of stock from the category table and all records from customers where. am I going about this all wrong?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:22
Step back from the report and make sure you can get the data you want with your query.
Get the query working and tested first. Then use that query as the record source of the report.

Your comment
not all tables will be applicable at one time
suggests you may have/need multiple reports.

You may find that you could use a form to make various selections, and button(s) to open specific report with criteria based on those selections. This article from Martin Green may be helpful.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom