JavaScript is the new Black! (1 Viewer)

lpapad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:56
A friend told me that in feature versions of Access VBA is going to be replaced by JavaScript.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:56
I know nothing! - however, I would say that Dynamics 365, which to my mind looks like it's evolving into an MS Access replacement utilises JavaScript.... However I do have my reservations about Office/Dynamics 365... It does seem very messy and haphazard and encourages developers to just throw things together, even more so than MS Access does! So I'm not behind it as a professional tool - well not yet!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:56
Microsoft flew the idea at an industry conference many years ago but I had never heard of it again until this thread.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Much of the O365 Excel OM is being ported to JS (AFIAK), but I don't think it'll ever fully replace VBA.

JS in general has taken the programming world by storm in the past 5 years or so anyway. Who'da thought. On the plus side, like VBA, it's very easy to learn. On the downside, it's an extremely difficult language to fully understand the ins and outs of (most JS programmers don't, relying on frameworks and ignorance instead - myself included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom