Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Debates

Old 06-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #16
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road
Re: Should drugs be legalised?

I have read an article on how the lead of the "US War Against Drugs" had allocated money towards the research on how Marijuana is bad for you and the results had come out stating that when digested in high concentrations it rejuvenates your body to the point that it fights off / reverses the mutation of cells (cancer).

Needless to say, the project was set ablaze and berried deep into the lies of our governments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blue's Age Poll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #17
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxiom View Post
This description also fits a good many people who never smoked pot.
I was goignt o say the same thing, I have a very, very, very bad memory and I don't smoke it.

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #18
Brianwarnock
Retired

Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIshDan View Post
I was goignt o say the same thing, I have a very, very, very bad memory and I don't smoke it.
Yeah it's best not to smoke your memory.

Brian

I do not have Access these days 2015
Brianwarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #19
scott-atkinson
I'm with the Witch.......

scott-atkinson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwarnock View Post
Yeah it's best not to smoke your memory.

Brian
Would that involve a bullet travelling at a high velocity entering your cranium
Old 06-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
kevlray
Newly Registered User

kevlray will become famous soon enough

I don't smoke, but I did kill a number of brain cells in college through alcohol.
kevlray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #21
scott-atkinson
I'm with the Witch.......

scott-atkinson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlray View Post
I don't smoke, but I did kill a number of brain cells in college through alcohol.
Hey we are all guilty of that, problem is some people haven't got enough to be able to lose some..
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #22
Alc
Newly Registered User

Alc will become famous soon enough Alc will become famous soon enough

For what it's worth, I'd say legalise it all. I don't smoke or drink myself, but I don't have a problem with anyone else doing whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. Does the fact that a lot of drugs are illegal stop people taking them? No. So why not make them legal, tax them to raise some money, and introduce the same kinds of rules that exist for alcohol and tobacco, where certain standards need to be met.

I agree with the point touched on by the previous poster, but would expand it. If someone commits ANY crime while under the influence of ANY kind of drug, I'd double the penalty for it, as well introducing an automatic death sentence or life-without-parole sentence (depending on where you are) for ANY drug related crimes that physically harm anyone else.

Alc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #23
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,352 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc View Post
I agree with the point touched on by the previous poster, but would expand it. If someone commits ANY crime while under the influence of ANY kind of drug, I'd double the penalty for it, as well introducing an automatic death sentence or life-without-parole sentence (depending on where you are) for ANY drug related crimes that physically harm anyone else.
So you want to punish a person whose judgement is clouded by drugs more than some who coldly plots to do something?

You aren't the only one. In parts of Australia we have a law that more heavily punishes offenders who kill or harm someone with a single punch while drunk than someone who does exactly the same thing while sober.

I don't get it.
Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #24
Alc
Newly Registered User

Alc will become famous soon enough Alc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxiom View Post
So you want to punish a person whose judgement is clouded by drugs more than some who coldly plots to do something?
Yes. The people who are 'coldly' plotting to commit these crimes already have laws in place to deal with them (the success of which is debatable, but outside the discussion being had here). The aim in mind here is to avoid the legalisation of drugs leading to an increase in crime. If people were made aware that, far from being an excuse for illegal behaviour, it would actually make the penalties worse, then I wouldn't mind betting at least some would abstain just in case they did something they wouldn't otherwise do. Don't forget, if they're that way inclined already, they're likely already going to be carrying out the illegal acts while under the influence of illegal drugs.

Alc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: