Hi all (1 Viewer)

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:44
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum. The forum I've been a member for many years was forced to close due to spam issues which is so sad as with it goes a vast knowledge base.
But I assume most active members would, like I did, join another forum to continue their journey.
I have realised over the years that being a member of a forum makes the world of difference. I've learned more from other members than from any book or course I attended.
Sure I will find the same here.

Cheers
Pierre aka Freshman (in case I meet old friends here :))

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 08:44
Hey! Welcome to AWF! I hope you enjoy this place as much as you enjoyed your old one. :)

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Kryst51 - with a warm welcome like that I'm sure I will :)

Only bad thing is to see my post numbers go back to zero :( hee-hee

Better start posting then...

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 08:44
Thanks Kryst51 - with a warm welcome like that I'm sure I will :)

Only bad thing is to see my post numbers go back to zero :( hee-hee

Better start posting then...

Heh! Get to work! ---- JK :p

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:44

LPurvis

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:44
Welcome indeed!

May I ask, what forum was it that closed - and what was its specific focus (if it had a speciality at all that is)?

Cheers.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Pierre!

Leigh, I believe he's referring to mdbmakers.com, the focus of which was Access (I was a moderator). If so, the owner didn't want to foot the bill anymore. The site was very active at one time, but struggled to regain its traffic after a domain name change was forced on it by MS (it was accessvba.com). I managed to copy several of his FAQ's to my site before he closed it.

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Paul is spot on

(Hi Paul - glad to see you here, you helped me a lot on the old forum and when I was shopping around for a new forum I spesifically look for familiar names and found it reassuring when I saw yours here.
I'm still member on Bill's mailing group but I just like the feel and make-up of a forum more than an email group)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm a moderator for Bill's group, but I don't like the interface either. I mainly just moderate new users and spam there, as Bill, John and Crystal answer most of the questions anyway. You'll find a lot of good people here, so welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom