Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 02-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,484 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Assistance needed in getting the correct sort order

The recordset is presented as a text SQL string that includes an ORDER BY so the problem has to be something about the recordset itself.

As an experiment, can you define a (named & stored) query that is defined using the same SQL string you used for that recordset? You can go into SQL design view and copy/paste that string to do so. Then open it as a SELECT query and see what it returns. That is the starting point for troubleshooting. If it returns what you expected, see if you can then update the record through that query.

When you did that substitution of "*" for "TOP 1 " did you already have a stored query to do that or did you just cobble together some SQL?

And I have a question that suddenly slammed me: To what does the ![avlto] refer in this line:

![avlto] = rsemp![avlto]

By that I mean, is there a form in place and open with a control named ![Avlto]? Because if that is the case, then the WITH syntax gets more confused. You would still need that WITH because of the .Edit and .Update operations. But those other items in that sequence might have fooled me. Can you elucidate?

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Doc_Man For This Useful Post:
Voyager (02-07-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #17
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron will become famous soon enough Micron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The recordset is presented as a text SQL string that includes an ORDER BY so the problem
I should pay more attention when I have to scroll
Micron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Micron For This Useful Post:
Voyager (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #18
Voyager
Newly Registered User

Voyager is on a distinguished road

Hi docman, dbguy, micron,
My sincere apologies. Though I have cross checked the format of form field, query fields, It looks like I didnít not change the format of specific field in the table. When I checked today the field was remaining as a text field which is the route cause of this result. Sorry sorry. I should have cross checked it well when docman insisted.
However thanks for all the support but I need some assistance in some other event I will post that in a new thread.

Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #19
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,484 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Glad we could help and, as you should realize by now, we don't charge if you open up another thread.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #20
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough

Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #21
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron will become famous soon enough Micron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I didnít not change the format of specific field in the table. When I checked today the field was remaining as a text field
FYI - how data LOOKS is formatting; what IT IS is not formatting, it's called the data type. This distinction can help us help you when it comes to understanding the situation at hand.

Micron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: