AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:41
You may have missed my last post Bob.

dutchbob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:41
This query separates the data by looking for the productnumbers with selling data before 2013

SELECT [RoI Actual].[Number]
FROM [RoI Actual]
WHERE ((([RoI Actual].FiscalYear)<#1/1/2013#));

This query searches the complement of those data points and makes a list of the product number of products launched after 2013

SELECT DISTINCT [RoI Actual].Number
FROM [RoI Actual] LEFT JOIN SeparateTheDate ON [RoI Actual].[Number] = SeparateTheDate.[Number]
WHERE (((SeparateTheDate.Number) Is Null));

This generates the same list with the before numbers

SELECT DISTINCT SeparateTheDate.Number
FROM SeparateTheDate;

And these two generate the linkage of the numbers in the list with the data in the original table

SELECT [RoI Actual].[Number], [RoI Actual].FiscalYear, [RoI Actual].SalesEuros, [RoI Actual].Category
FROM After2013 INNER JOIN [RoI Actual] ON [After2013].[Number]=[RoI Actual].[Number];

SELECT Before2013.Number, [RoI Actual].FiscalYear, [RoI Actual].SalesEuros, [RoI Actual].Category
FROM Before2013 INNER JOIN [RoI Actual] ON Before2013.[Number] = [RoI Actual].[Number];

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm sure that you can do all this in one query, but to answer you original question you use a UNION query to combine both:
Code:
SELECT [RoI Actual].[Number], [RoI Actual].FiscalYear, [RoI Actual].SalesEuros, [RoI Actual].Category
FROM After2013 INNER JOIN [RoI Actual] ON [After2013].[Number]=[RoI Actual].[Number];
[COLOR="Blue"]UNION ALL[/COLOR]
SELECT Before2013.Number, [RoI Actual].FiscalYear, [RoI Actual].SalesEuros, [RoI Actual].Category
FROM Before2013 INNER JOIN [RoI Actual] ON Before2013.[Number] = [RoI Actual].[Number];
Just ensure that the fields on both sides match.

dutchbob

Registered User.
Local time
I will try this, thank you. I am a rookie in Access, this is the first project with it and so far so good.

dutchbob

Registered User.
Local time
This is excelent, but I only need an indicator that tells me which products are launched before and which after the set date. The rest is excellent.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Words like Number and Category should be enclosed in square brackets because I suspect that both are (or at least Number is a) reserved keyword(s). And avoid spaces in your names too.

dutchbob

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you! I wish you a nice day, problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom