Error "The record source '|' specified on this form or report does not exist" (1 Viewer)

Jonny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:21
Error "The record source '|' specified on this form or report does not exist"

Same file works smoothly on my PC , but certain tables throw errors on customer side.
Have anyone faced that error, any thoughts?

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:21
Re: Error "The record source '|' specified on this form or report does not exist"

Totally stabbing in the dark without more information, maybe a linked excel file or table that isn't on their system?

faap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
Re: Error "The record source '|' specified on this form or report does not exist"

Same file works smoothly on my PC , but certain tables thru errors on customer side.
Have anyone faced that error, any thoughts?

The error seems to say that it's trying to interpret the pipe character | as part of the record source.

I think it really depends where you are getting the error, is it on a form, a report, a query, etc.?

As Minty suggested some more contextual info may help.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21

The PIPE character or vertical bar is an indicator that one of the fields you named in a query isn't in the indicated location. It CAN be as simple as spelling the field name wrong or by using a multi-table join, attempting to qualify the field with table.field syntax, and using the wrong table for the field (i.e. field ain't here, it's THERE).

However, if it works for some folks but not for others, you need to verify uniformity and correctness of table mapping.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:21

Hi Jonny. Are we talking about a properly split database?

Jonny

Registered User.
Local time

I've checked the issue on customer side and found that during sending the DB by email some of the table and the connections got lost?! Tried to archive and then to send, got same issue.
Does it make sense?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21

Jonny, this is for clarification only: Are you saying that your DB sends something by email and at that time some external connection vanishes / breaks / closes?

If that is correct, then the question is, how is that connection established? ODBC? Mapping a table statically? Something more dynamic? We need to know about the setup that leads from your DB to that table.

You also said "some of the table" and that makes me wonder if you meant that more than one table vanishes. If so, are all of the vanishing tables in the same place?

Jonny

Registered User.
Local time

Jonny, this is for clarification only: Are you saying that your DB sends something by email and at that time some external connection vanishes / breaks / closes?

If that is correct, then the question is, how is that connection established? ODBC? Mapping a table statically? Something more dynamic? We need to know about the setup that leads from your DB to that table.

You also said "some of the table" and that makes me wonder if you meant that more than one table vanishes. If so, are all of the vanishing tables in the same place?

Sorry for confusing, the tables are lost while sending file by gmail.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:21

It's still confusing. Tables exist inside a database. Is the database file not being sent? Or are the linked tables data inside a spreadsheet/s?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:21

I think its a split database and the front end is being sent out by email.
As the linked tables aren't in the front end, these aren't included in the file sent.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time

Or the linked tables are to data that is not available to the problem PC.

Or the backend is meant to reside with the front end on the local disk ie read only system and the backend is not being emailed.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21

Jonny,

What exactly is being sent?
Is this a split database with a shared back end on a network, and a copy of the front end on each user's PC?
Please provide more details of the setup, the "tables" that get lost....
Good luck with your project.
Some email system installations will drop/prevent files by type (corporate policy etc)

Jonny

Registered User.
Local time

I think its a split database and the front end is being sent out by email.
As the linked tables aren't in the front end, these aren't included in the file sent.
The database was not split, however somehow after sending by email not all tables arrive..

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time

I've checked the issue on customer side and found that during sending the DB by email some of the table and the connections got lost?!

What the connections that you referred to in #6? I don't see how you have connections with an unsplit database.

Jonny

Registered User.
Local time

What the connections that you referred to in #6? I don't see how you have connections with an unsplit database.
By connection I mean to connections between tables.
Some of the tables disappeare with sending the file as well as the connections. To make story short, the file arrives not as it sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom