Hi People (1 Viewer)

Foster2019

Local time
Today, 05:31
Hi people,

I picked up a book called ‘Database Design for Mere Mortals’ because it sounded cool, then started playing around with Microsoft Access. I gave myself a couple of projects, the first being a BMI calculator / weight convertor, it didn’t require any tables. Trying to find out more about VBA I flicked through a book called ‘Microsoft Access for Dummies’ but the section was too short to be useful. I eventually learned most of my coding from the Access help files in Microsoft Access 2003 as I didn’t have access to the internet at the time.

I moved onto making a database for a self-employed family member and a small community library. Looking back on them it’s embarrassing (Luckily no one else can see the code), but I learn with every project I take on, and you have to start somewhere.

Having access to the internet now is great; I couldn’t come across many books on VBA. This site seems to be really helpful so I thought I’d sign up
Greetings 

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Welcome to AWF. Sounds like the past history of many of us here :cool:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:31
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 00:31
Additionally, if books aren’t your thing, one of our members has provided a series of YouTube videos: “Better VBA”.

Perfect for those who want to learn and are not afraid to get under the hood. Here is the first one:

https://youtu.be/PqIu0NY5ihI

Foster2019

Local time
Thanks for the warm welcome people, and for posting those links NauticalGent.
I was reading the third book of 'The 100' series but it’s going to have to wait until I finish that pdf file you sent :)
I'm watching those YouTube videos now, it’s great to finally find a place where people discuss this type of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom