Obtaining query names in ADP file (1 Viewer)

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 09:23
I have a adp file in ms access 2010. I want to obtain the names of the SQL server queries within the ms access database and then to obtain the sql statements of the queries so that I can create them in a accdb ms access db.

In essence I want to convert the adp ms access db to a accdb ms access db. The only problem I am having is to convert the queries which exist in SQL server to which the adp file is connected to.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:23
I have a adp file in ms access 2010. I want to obtain the names of the SQL server queries within the ms access database and then to obtain the sql statements of the queries so that I can create them in a accdb ms access db.
Don't!
Leave the "queries", at least the views on the SQL Server, where they are. Just link to the views in your new Access database. This will result in less work and better performance.

aziz rasul

Local time
I did try that, but I got an error message which essentially said that I did not have permission to use CREATE TABLE permission denied.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
I did try that, but I got an error message which essentially said that I did not have permission to use CREATE TABLE permission denied.
Please provide more information on what you tried.

The creation of a table (for the linked view) should only happen in your local Access file where there are no permissions required for this.

aziz rasul

Local time
I tried to link the SQL server queries using a dsn (which enabled me to link the SQL server tables). However when I tried this exercise of linking the SQL server queries, I got the error mentioned above.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
I tried to link the SQL server queries using a dsn (which enabled me to link the SQL server tables). However when I tried this exercise of linking the SQL server queries, I got the error mentioned above.
I've got no idea why linking the views would produce such an error message.
I suggest, you further investigate that on your end and come back with the steps to reproduce the issue, if it persists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom