Exporting clickable reports (1 Viewer)

demogorgan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
Hi,

So I have a report that displays an overview of data, it also contains hyperlinks to other reports (showing greater detail).

I want to be able to export this into a format for an E-mail for reporting the info to key people that do not have access to the DB - I have gotten this working fine for PDF and HTML for the main form.

However what I was hoping was achieveable is this

1) Export main report & all linked reports from a CMD button within the DB
2) Have hyperlinks from the main report linking to the reports

The reason is that I would like them to be able to click the links on the main report and see the greater detail reports, I was thinking that this may have to be something like multiple HTML files generated from the reports that auto link from the main report but how would I go about this in VBA, is it even possible ?

Open to ideas

Many thanks
Demo

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hyperlinks will only work if the file paths are guaranteed to be the same for each user, so I think your idea 2 is a non-starter

However, there is no reason why you can't modify your current (working) code to include more than one report as email attachments

demogorgan

Registered User.
Local time
Hyperlinks will only work if the file paths are guaranteed to be the same for each user, so I think your idea 2 is a non-starter

However, there is no reason why you can't modify your current (working) code to include more than one report as email attachments

Hi,

Thanks for the response - I was trying to think of a way of making this more user friendly. I was hoping that 1 and 2 could be combined as I don't want circa 70 attachements, the summary page has a lot of fields.

How about exporting to excel and creating each report as a seperate tab then linking from the main report there - wouldn't this alleviate the issue of location ?

Many thanks
Demo

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Not sure about your Excel idea, partly because I've never exported reports to Excel.

However you have the full version of Acrobat, you can merge several PDFs into one file and I believe add clickable table of contents.
Other PDF software may also do the same thing e.g. Foxit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom