report layout different when creating the report (1 Viewer)

edandiane

Local time
Today, 13:06
I have some rectangles in my report, and some detail header text for those those rectangles (where people with sign and put in answer to a detail header question).
When I view the report in the Design View its great, and in the Report View it's fine.
But when I go to the Print Preview it disappears (also when I create the report). I did go to the Design View Home to make the rectangles and detail header text black in color, so that's not the problem.
HELP!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Curious. Can you attach the db here?

edandiane

Local time
not sure what you mean...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the advanced reply area there's a Manage Attachments button. You can attach the db after zipping. Normally don't need it, but I can't think of why the objects would be visible in report view and not preview. There's no code running in the format events, is there?

edandiane

Local time
The advanced button is not available through any tabs when I am in my report design.
I have no idea what you mean when you say "You can attach the db after zipping".
Don't know where the format events is..... : \
I just striped the report of all the stuff that wouldn't show up, I sorted the data the way I needed it and used a pre-setup word document to print on.
In other words i put all the stuff in my word document and played with the output from Access to have the data line up with the lines on the report.
It was a cheating way to do it and I hated doing that, but I needed the report the next day.
I have no idea why it didn't work,....I'm so upset. I feel like I have to go through my book one page at a time to build one through a lesson, which seems so juvenile..... not happy!
Thanks anyway.....I will give up on that report and try again.

Last edited:

edandiane

Local time
In creating a new report, I am seeing some of the areas you mentioned. I am creating a new report and creating the headers I need carefully (not text boxes) and see if that was the problem. Thanks for your help anyway.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The advanced button is on this forum, "Go Advanced" near the bottom. It allows you to attach a file to a post, much as you can attach an attachment to an email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom