Help! Syntax For Query Criteria Iif Date Range Referencing Form (1 Viewer)

MS1234

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:16
Hi, I have a form with FromDate and a ToDate boxes. These boxes will only appear when a dropdown (called "Status") on the form is set to "Paid". I have a query that needs to be able to restrict the query results between this date range if the dropdown is showing "Paid", otherwise show all results.

The query field is called [DatePaid] and here is the criteria I have against it:

IIF(forms!Payments.Status = "Paid",Between forms!Payments.FromDate and forms!Payments.ToDate,[DatePaid])

When the dropdown isn't showing "Paid" it displays all the results (ie last part of criteria works), when the dropdown is showing "Paid" and the dates are filled in I get no results in the query. Obviously the Between statement is having issues being part of the IIF statement and I've tried every syntax option I can think of (>= "# " etc). Can someone please tell me how this needs written to work.

Many thanks!

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
These boxes will only appear...
So if said boxes are not in use, they are invisible? In that case set the date/time values of those invisible boxes to be a large enough date range that they include ALL your data.
Then, if you show those boxes, clear them then. Then your query will always work, and you don't need an IFF() function, etc...
As one idea. Also, you can edit the SQL on the fly, in code, but that takes a little more skill in VBA.
hth
Mark

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:16
I think your logic is a bit off here.
Those boxes are only available if the status is "paid" so in your query I am guessing that the status field is available so put your "Paid" criteria in that, and just add the date fields criteria normally?

Edit - Markk's typing a great deal quicker than mine.... #tooslow

MS1234

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you both. Mark - that works perfectly. Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom