Form won't open (1 Viewer)

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:33
I have a user that on her computer when she clicks to open a specific form, it does not open. All the other forms open without any issues. I have tested on other computers and the form opens fine.

Any ideas to why it doesn't work on her computer?

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
it works fine if she logs into a different computer. unfortunately, the company we work for has a computer assigned to us.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:33
By any chance she has 2 monitors and it's hiding on the one you're not looking at?

deletedT

Local time
Today, 07:33
Once I had the same problem and as Micron has suggested, for some reasons the form was off screen. Try to move it to 0,0 and see if it solves the problem.

On her PC, double click and open the mentioned form. Without clicking anywhere, hit ALT+F11 and in vba's immediate window check the left and top of form:
Code:
?Screen.ActiveForm.WindowLeft
?Screen.ActiveForm.Windowtop

If the form is off screen move it to 0,0 position:
Code:
Screen.ActiveForm.Move 0,0

deletedT

Local time
Today, 07:33
Once I had the same problem and as Micron has suggested, for some reasons the form was off screen. Try to move it to 0,0 and see if it solves the problem.

On her PC, double click and open the mentioned form. Without clicking anywhere, hit ALT+F11 and in vba's immediate window check the left and top of form:
Code:

Code:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
mpaulbattle:

If you have the means to do so, create an event table in your database. It needs an autonumber, a date/time field, and a short text field with at least a little bit of room to hold a message. I used 80-100 character field size in the past, depending on what I expected to say.

In that form's _Load, _Open, and _Current routines, execute something like this:

Code:
CurrentDB.Execute "INSERT INTO logtable (LogTime, LogEvent) Values (Now(), 'Checkpoint 1'", dbFailOnError

Use anything you want for the checkpoint name, I just made one up. Since I didn't store anything for the Autonumber, Access will store something for you. You would be able to see the events in strict chronological order that way, and get a feel for timing.

Make each such SQL insertion us a different checkpoint name. The point is to see whether the form opens AT ALL or whether it never even tries to open. If you already have such a facility in your app, use it to catch the events of that form being opened.

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
By any chance she has 2 monitors and it's hiding on the one you're not looking at?

She does have two screens but I didn't see it on either one. I may check to see if she has her laptop as a third screen.

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time

Code:

Code:

I will try this.

mpaulbattle

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Micron. The form was opening to her laptop screen which was closed. Issue resolved.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:33
Not exactly what I expected but close enough!
Glad I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom