Random character appearing in printed view of pie chart on report (1 Viewer)

redranger5

Local time
Yesterday, 16:02
I am building a report and including pie charts based on queries. In design view everything runs smoothly. However, when I go to print preview what looks like random characters show up in the chart area of the pie chart. I've attempted to change most of the properties thinking I may have added in an extra text item such as subtitle, but no luck.

Any thoughts? This might be a simply answer and I've overlooked something. But I'm currently banging my head against the desk!

Attachments

• Pie Chart (extra characters).PNG
    Pie Chart (extra characters).PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 291

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:02
Perhaps the random characters are behind the chart rather than on it.
Try moving the chart temporarily & see whether the characters stay put or move with the chart

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 15:02
Seems I've read a thread on this same issue before. Don't remember solution. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:02
Is it always a "L"?
If not and if not as isladogs mention, then post your database with some sample data.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:02
Perhaps the random characters are behind the chart rather than on it.
The character is part of the chart. It is a bug in the new charting engine. - Please report it to Microsoft using the Feedback feature in the File-Tab of the ribbon to bump up its priority.

Edit/PS: The bug can be easily reproduced. Just create a pie chart where one of the slices is to small to hold its label text.
/Edit

Meanwhile, while we are waiting for a fix, you can use this rather crude workaround: Add another empty chart to your form/report, size and position it on top of your real chart to cover up the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom