Calendar icon on date fields (1 Viewer)

alanrcooke

Local time
Today, 23:37
A weird thing has just happened on my forms and I can't for the life of me figure out/how what/it happened.

The icon that pops up when you cursor in a date control is corrupted and only shows as a rectangle with a tiny dot in it (I assume today's date). Has anyone else ever had this issue or can give me a clue as to what needs to be done to fix it.

It was fine before whatever happened.

Cheers and thanks

Attachments

• Access calendar icon.png
    Access calendar icon.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 69

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:37
Hi. I can't say for sure what might have happened but just out of curiosity, did you happen to install any Windows updates lately?

alanrcooke

Local time
Yes. I an an insider for Microsoft 365. Could that be it. If it is I'm sure it will be picked up and sorted. It's not a biggie really but these things irk me :)

Thanks for prompt response.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes. I an an insider for Microsoft 365. Could that be it. If it is I'm sure it will be picked up and sorted. It's not a biggie really but these things irk me :)

Thanks for prompt response.
Just as a test, try running your database on another computer to see if it's your database or your computer that has the problem.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
It may be nothing to do with being a 365 insider but a couple of similarly irritating issues led me to drop out of being an unpaid beta tester for MS.
I actually reported some issues in early release versions that were still included in the monthly updates later

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
only shows as a rectangle with a tiny dot in it
Actually, it looks more like a character that represents a calendar. Similar to webdings chr 166

MrHans

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:37
I think it's just a new icon that Microsoft implemented in its Office 365 suite.

I also had a recent update and many icons seems to have changed, including the app icons itself.

I think this is just the new cleaner house style.
Not a bug or issue.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I think it's just a new icon that Microsoft implemented in its Office 365 suite.

I also had a recent update and many icons seems to have changed, including the app icons itself.

I think this is just the new cleaner house style.
Not a bug or issue.
That's a good point. Since the OP said:
alanrcooke said:
It was fine before whatever happened.
I assumed it wasn't working. But if clicking the new icon opens the popup calendar, then I am not sure there is any issue either. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom