rename it to something Other than
the FieldName on your table.
(Property->Other->Name)

also i gave you this:

=LeftAligned([theFieldName], 2)

replace [theFieldName] with the
fieldname on your table.

yes i did, i change it to txtComment.

My control source = LeftAligned([Remarks], 2)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:37
@arnelgp - I think Luzz has mislead you - I think (and it's why I and others asked for how he created the remarks field) that the start of the text is "Reason Stated :" & some other fields.

This could be more easily fixed if the Reason Stated: was a label for the text box.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:37
@arnelgp - I think Luzz has mislead you - I think (and it's why I and others asked for how he created the remarks field) that the start of the text is "Reason Stated :" & some other fields.

This could be more easily fixed if the Reason Stated: was a label for the text box.

How do i fix if i am using just a textbox?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Well for the third time of asking - how are you creating the remarks field? What is the SQL in the query ?
Text please, not a picture.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Well for the third time of asking - how are you creating the remarks field? What is the SQL in the query ?
Text please, not a picture.

how are you creating the remarks field?
- The remarks in my report come from my database, which i set the data field in my database for remark as "long text" as my remarks is very long.

What is the SQL in the query ?

SELECT mxd.FabricDelivery, mxd.Fabrication, mxd.Width, mxd.FinishedGoods, mxd.Colour, mxd.LabDipCode, Sum([mxd.GrossWeight]) AS TotalGrossWeight, Sum([mxd.NettWeight]) AS TotalNettWeight, Sum([mxd.Yds]) AS totalYds, mxd.Fabrication, mxd.MXDPO, Sum([mxd.Loss]) AS TotalLoss, First([mxd.Remarks]) AS Remarks, Min(mxd.GLGPO) AS MinOfGLGPO
FROM mxd
GROUP BY mxd.FabricDelivery, mxd.Width, mxd.FinishedGoods, mxd.Colour, mxd.LabDipCode, mxd.Fabrication, mxd.MXDPO
HAVING (((Min(mxd.GLGPO))=[Enter 1st GLGPO] Or (Min(mxd.GLGPO))=[Enter 2nd GLGPO]));

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
But you said earlier that every remarks field starts with "Reason Stated: ", does this get typed in by the user followed by the TH.... Strings?
What happens if they forget to type it or mis-type it?
Where do the users get the TH... Text from?
Is it a cut and paste from another source?
Is it in the database somewhere other than the remarks field?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:37
luzz, did you read post #14?

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
But you said earlier that every remarks field starts with "Reason Stated: ", does this get typed in by the user followed by the TH.... Strings?
What happens if they forget to type it or mis-type it?
Where do the users get the TH... Text from?
Is it a cut and paste from another source?
Is it in the database somewhere other than the remarks field?

Hmm, this is abit complicated, as the user will type the remarks in the form and get it saved in the database.
This remarks will be keyed in by the user and i have no idea what does TH means as i doing this as a project, but it does not necessary start with TH, But it definitely start with 2 letters.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
If the text in the table shows like you want it, then have you change the property "Text Format" for the control in the report from "Plain text" to "Rich text"?
The interesting thing is not the text you can see, but the characters that are invisible, such as Tabs, Spaces, Return, etc.
It requires you to write some code that analyses the text characters one at a time using their ASCII value.
I you don't know how to do it, post some data in MS-Access database.

I changed and my remarks turn out this way

Attachments

• Remark rich text.png
    Remark rich text.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 52

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:37
A last thing, do you've the same text font in the table and at the control in the report.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
A last thing, do you've the same text font in the table and at the control in the report.

OMG??? I just change the text font in my report to the same as my table and IT WORKS!! Thank you so much!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:37
That will do but if you want to change font and make it a little bigger.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, my remarks managed to align yesterday in my report. However when i print preview report, it does not align again :(

Attachments

• Print preview.png
    Print preview.png
    11 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom