ACC2000: XSideBAR Control (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Greetings,

Ok, it seems that everytime I want to write a decent tutorial on how to create some custom controls for access, I'm always short on time. I really dislike posting code without explaining my rationale for doing things.

In my opinion, getting code, and samples is good and useful, but really, does it assist others in understanding concepts? Most likely not.

In any event, I'm posting a sample of the sidebar control for you to play with and disect. I apologize as the code is not well written and has little comments to it. This is an earlier version, and not used in production.

This was an idea created from the original Windows LongHorn's sidebar app (now Vista)... I thought It was a really neat idea to have something usefull as that incorporated into an application with our own customize 'objects' for the business place and for fun of course.

The sidebar control requireds the following controls:

+ lblHeader - Access.Label
* the caption/title label for the sidebar
+ lblHeaderFx - Access.Label
* the caption/title dropshadow effect (if desired)
+ imgHeader - Access.Image
* the bitmap image for the sidebar's bacground (i tried using the form's picture property, but too much flickering when mouseovering
+ SidebarPaneCtl- Access.SubForm
* the subform control acting as a sidebar pane

The pane requires the following controls to be placed in a the form's header section:

+ lblHeader - Access.Label
* the caption/title label for the pane
+ imgHeader - Access.Image
* the bitmap image for the pane's header
+ imgHeaderIcon - Access.Image
* the bitmap image for the pane's icon (if desired)

As usual, constructive criticism is always accepted, and if you have questions or comments, please post with the exact same title in the forms forum so that others can benifit from the discussion, since there's not an Interface forum...

have fun and enjoy.

note: this post is the same found at www.utteraccess.com

Attachments

• ACC2000 XSideBAR.zip
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,388
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom