ACC2000: XTaskPanel Control (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom DXecutioner

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:12
Greetings,

Attached is a sample of the Task Panel control or Explorer Bar as some (including me) refer to it as; this control is found in Windows XP.

As it is true in my other samples, this is not the most up to date and it's only to demostrate how to implement custom controls in Access. It does work as it should, but i have not revised the code for quite some time.

I would love to discuss in depth the rationale in creating the control but unfortunately my time is very limited.

In the past I've been asked as to why i don't upload the latest up-to-date samples (with some attitude i might add) :confused: and my answer is simple. Those are much more involved, they took time to develop as they contain custom classes, collections, and images and I'm unable to share it with the general public at this time, and for that I apologize; however, i will be doing some detailed tutorials on how to accomplish more roubust controls when the time allows it.

If anyone feels that i should not upload my samples, let me know and I shall stop. :)

The current sample is the container with the functions necessary to add, collapse, and expand the panes, as well as the ability to add icons to a pane's header. You will have to create the panes your self to meet your needs.

Sample Code:

Code:
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]'// instantiate class object[/COLOR]
    Set XTaskPanel = New cXTaskPanel
    [COLOR="seagreen"]'// open object ref[/COLOR]
    With XTaskPanel
        [COLOR="seagreen"]'// load ui[/COLOR]
        .load UIForm
        [COLOR="seagreen"]'// add first pane and supply an icon[/COLOR]
        .Add 1, "XPane", "Picture Tasks", CurrentProject.Path & "\icon_.bmp", False
        [COLOR="seagreen"]'// add second and third with no icons and by default collpased[/COLOR]
 	.Add 2, "XPane", "Task Pane 2", , True
        .Add 3, "XPane", "Task Pane 3", , True

[COLOR="seagreen"]'// REDRAW [/COLOR]
        .Reload 1
    End With

As usual, if you have questions please post in the forums with the exact same title. Enjoy. :)

Attachments

• ACC2000 XTaskPanel.zip
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,194
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom