Front end user (1 Viewer)

Roberto71

Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Hello everyone, I have a simple access file with 1 table. I have split it and is on share drive at work,
Both front and back and are in same folder on the S drive. I have a form data entry for new records that will open and let me enter new records on my front end or on other users front end and works fine. My other users are the problem they can't. The same form will open for them like blank no fields no messages. They can look up records and open look up forms, tried the link manager and linked again. No luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance Robert

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 06:23
Each user MUST have their own copy of the FE, normally on their own computer.
Only the BE is shared.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:23
With a split database each user should have a copy of the front end on their own PC. See Managing FrontEnd databases on each Desktop.
Front end should not be shared ==>99% leads to corruption.
Good luck.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:23
What you describe COULD be caused by incorrect permissions. Gasman's advice is correct, but the symptom you describe could very well be caused by incorrect setup.

The users should each have a COPY of the front end (FE). The back end (BE) must be in a folder where ALL FILES in the folder (and the folder itself) exhibit MODIFY permissions (that's the broad-brush name) for any user wishing to use it. The FE must have the option set up to open the BE non-exclusively.

Search this forum for "securing a database" and "database permissions." You'll find a few articles on the subject.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:23
in addition to mr.gasman has already said,
S drive must be Shared,
drive S Drive must be Read/Write.
group Everyone must Read/Write or Full Access.
when Relinking your FE to BE, use Absolute address of the backend, either the ip address of the S drive or its UNC, eg:

\192.168.0.4\S Drive\yourdb_BE.accdb

or

\ComputerName\S Drive\yourdb_BE.accdb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom