Cascading combo-boxes in table form (1 Viewer)

Takunda Mafuta

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:22
Hie I have created a tabular form and I inserted second column with combo boxes which are dependent on combo boxes in the first column. However when I select a combo-box value in the next row of the first column, instead of updating just the combo-box of that very row in the second column, it is updating the whole of the second column. See the attached image and kindly assist.
{the subject form is entitled PRF section C}

Attachments

• tabular comboboxes.PNG
    tabular comboboxes.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Cascading comboboxes that are in a tabular form.accdb
    528 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Insane_ai

Not Really an A.I.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:22
Can you post the code used to update the combo boxes please? It would help us find the error. Also, please verify the names of the combo boxes; it looks like you may have copied and pasted them so they may all be named the same thing causing this to happen (just a blind guess)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:22
Hi Can you upload a zipped copy of the database?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:22
Hi. Is your combobox bound or unbound?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:22
Hie I have created a tabular form and I inserted second column with combo boxes which are dependent on combo boxes in the first column. However when I select a combo-box value in the next row of the first column, instead of updating just the combo-box of that very row in the second column, it is updating the whole of the second column. See the attached image and kindly assist.
If your sub form is in datasheet view then the solution used in the attached db might be used.

Attachments

• CascadingComboInSubform2k.mdb
    388 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom