Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

hammerite

Silver Supporter
Local time
Today, 14:45
Hi everyone!

I have had a AWF account since 2008 so I am not really new to the forum; but I haven't really posted.

Over the 10 odd years that I have had an account I was able to find all the help and support that has been offered out through the search options.

I am UK based and have been working with MS Access for over 10 years. Thanks to this forum I have been able to introduce Access in my workplace as a user friendly interface. Pretty much everything I have learnt about Access is as a result of this great Forum!

I don't really have the skills set of the many experts on this site, but am keen to keep learning.

Thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Well I'm not sure whether to say welcome to the forum!

From your handle, I get the impression that you like taking engines to pieces and putting them back together again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I

hammerite

Silver Supporter
Local time
Thanks......Sometimes that's the best way to learn (from a database point of view).

:)

ps the handle is based on a local football team i support.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Until today, just 5 posts in 11 years... :D
Even so, someone else recently outdid that by doing their first post after about 12 years.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:45
Hi. Nice to meet you.

hammerite

Silver Supporter
Local time
I was never going to get top poster award, looks like I’ll never get this award either.

@isladogs, as you replied to my initial post; I just wanted to say a personal thank you for the sample databases that you have produced over the past few years.

They have given me the opportunity to see the nitty gritty of tables/queries/forms that you have designed and shared with us all in order to better what I have in place.

I wanted to PM direct, but hadn't enough posts :D

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
ps the handle is based on a local football team i support.

I might be confusing hammerite with hematite!

Long time since I've used it, "hematite" that is ..

Sent from Barcelona!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I was never going to get top poster award, looks like I’ll never get this award either.

@isladogs, as you replied to my initial post; I just wanted to say a personal thank you for the sample databases that you have produced over the past few years.

They have given me the opportunity to see the nitty gritty of tables/queries/forms that you have designed and shared with us all in order to better what I have in place.

I wanted to PM direct, but hadn't enough posts :D

LOL.
Many thanks for your comments. I've slowed down a bit(!) but there's more to come. There are also lots of additional items on my website if you haven't been there yet.

Looking forward to receiving a PM from you in about 2021 ;):rolleyes:
Actually you should have enough posts later today at this rate

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I might be confusing hammerite with hematite!

Long time since I've used it, "hematite" that is ..

Ha!
Hammerite = make of paint
Haematite/hematite = Iron ore

Football team is presumably West Ham...

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
Is there a term "re_welcome to the forum"? Welcome back regardless.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:45
Even just letting us know you are still alive is helpful.

And I have to agree that the search is perhaps a bit weak, but then again, VBulletin is not new software and our illustrious site owner, Jon, has stated that it might be a very extensive (and expensive) operation to migrate to something newer (and presumably better in terms of new features). You aren't the first to come up with that complaint.

However, we won't think less of you if you do a web-wide Google search and find anything on another site, then ask us about it with a hyperlink if you need explanations. We often do such searches ourselves when trying to find answers. We know we are not the end-all and be-all in sites.

hammerite

Silver Supporter
Local time
Thanks guys for the welcome!

@isladogs, yes for all my sins I'm a West Ham fan.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hematite = Iron ore

And it is a brand of gasket sealant for industrial situations, like big diesel engines.... Which I have disassembled and reassembled on occasion.. They usually worked OK, except for one occasion, which I won't mention....

Sent from Barcelona!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom