Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #16
MickJav
Newly Registered User

MickJav will become famous soon enough
Re: To 'Call' or not to 'Call'

I don't really use it, but sounds a good idear for the function return value I will use it for the same in future thanks

mick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MickJav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #17
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,524 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: To 'Call' or not to 'Call'

Access is OK even though it has automatic type up-conversion within a statement. The one I don't like is old-style C which requires you to run a pre-compiler to catch datatype issues. Classic C allowed you to do abominable things with mixed-mode expressions.

On the other hand, P/L-1 is one of those love to hate/hate to love languages where the typing is SO strict that an 80 character string is NOT the same type as a 79 character string and you have to do explicit typecasts to make them work together. But if you get your code past THAT compiler, you KNOW you don't have any datatype issues. Of course, with typical military logic >>cough, cough, choke<<, the Navy decreed about 15 years ago or so that P/L-1 would be the preferred language for all new software development. Fortunately there were waiver processes for compatibility issues. It was always fun to talk about new programs with the Navy. You never knew quite what would be in the specs, but you just KNEW it wouldn't be easy.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: