could any one help me (1 Viewer)

H

helend

i have bought a pc for my son
i have been looking around the web for pc games
i have come across a sight called ***name removed*** they seem to be very cheap but i am lost as to what to buy
he is 17 years old and plays hallo a lot at home
i was hoping that some of you would take a minet to have a look at what thay have and let me know what you recamend
do you think the prices are good there is free delivery if you use a code i got it of the web ***code removed***

Last edited by a moderator:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:20
What to buy? Ask him what he wants.
If he likes Halo, an obvious choice would be halo 2 (I think it's on the PC now?)
Other similar games are FEAR, Doom 3, Quake 4

There's also free games - FEAR Combat, America's Army - these are multiplayer-only, so require internet connection

Whatever you do, DON'T get him World of Warcraft or any game described as "Massively Multiplayer" or "MMO" - they will (potentially) eat up time & money like nothing else.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 17:50
While the user has been banned for spamming the forum I'm going to leave this thread available for game recommendations. Links to the site in question have been removed, as has the promotional code.

One reason is that I've seen the same post on different sites (you just have to google) and they all lead back to the site, despite helend either: finding the site online, a friend tellling her, or browsing a magazine. The fact it's been posted on sites that don't even match the subject matter (i.e. an entrepreneur forum) reinforce that it's aimless spam.

Last edited:

30seconds

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:50
this is cool!!!!!

there are many games to play these days...and try to play WORLD OF WAR CRAFT...the game is so fantastic you can make your own character the graphics is so cool!!!!!....:)

rsmonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:50
pfft cant stand those world of warcraft games, guild wars etc.. im all about achieving something within my lifetime on a game... play Half-Life, counter Strike, Unreal tournament etc...

did any ever play Freespace 2? what a game!!!!!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:50
Anyone who likes HALO will probably like

Doom 3
Unreal
Half-Life
Serious Sam
Return to Wolfenstein
Painkiller

Variants that can be fun are the MechWarrior - up to 4 now, but 3 was also good.

All of the above offer what is called 1st-person perspective. You take the role of a person in the game situation and "see through his eyes" as it were.

However, there is also a decent list of 3rd-person perspective games. You see the action from above or above and an angle. In the latter category, I would add

Diablo
Sacred
Titan Quest
Divine Divinity (crazy name, not bad to play though.)

If the person likes flight simulations or perhaps aircraft combat games, look at any of the Jane's series. There is a WWII Fighter game, some more modern sims for F-15, several helicopters - you name it, they've probably got it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Thanks, it was helpful for me

Which 16 year old game did you end up enjoying the most out of those recommended?

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:50
Got no idea why, but I first misread it "spammers without storyline". ;-)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Antonio, I enjoy the missiles in Serious Sam too - but I just LOVE the cannon when there are a dozen or more things following you. So you run ahead just enough, turn and fire, and watch the results. Just like bowling.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:50
I like to smash my monitor in frustration at what a couch potato I am, then go to the gym or take a walk.
(I buy cheap monitors).

One time I smashed a vape pen in this way. Only effect was having to buy a new one.

AntonioOzele

Local time
Today, 18:50
Antonio, I enjoy the missiles in Serious Sam too - but I just LOVE the cannon when there are a dozen or more things following you. So you run ahead just enough, turn and fire, and watch the results. Just like bowling.
You mean that?) downloaded from steam

Attachments

• Без названия (1).jpg
    Без названия (1).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 58
  • Без названия.jpg
    Без названия.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom