What's the best/worst video game of all time? (1 Viewer)

joangracoffande

Local time
Today, 02:42
best: starcraft, planescape torment, fallout

worst.. i dunno, i tend to tuck bad games out of my mind

rickysymo

Local time
Today, 02:42
I have to agree that Red Alert 3 and Left 4 Dead are really cool games. I'm really getting hooked to Left 4 Dead lately.

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:42
Just got back into gaming after a 2 - 3 year sabbatical, Had my 360 for 6 weeks now & can't get enough!!!!!

I virtually have to be set on fire to relinquish the controller and go to bed!

Old School Best:

Roland on the Ropes - Amstrad CPC 464
Oh Mummy - Amstrad CPC 464

Sonic - Mega Drive
Eswat - Mega Drive
Strider - Mega Drive

Super Mario - SNES
Zelda - SNES
Sreet fighter 2 - SNES

C&C - PC

Old school worst:

Streets of Rage - Mega drive, Only game shipped with my friends new mega drive when first released, we completed it within 3 hours!!!! Gutted

New Best

GTA series - Play the most recent now on 360 - online is addictive, better than Gears 2 which i find a little to serious and up tight. Cant get enough of mowing down opponents with an SMG while driving at them in what ever vehicle ive just jacked

NFS series - Most Wanted being the best by far

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 04:42
Just to chime in!

My favs are

Morrowind III: Elderscrolls (I think this is the title) I like the fourth one for the 360 but it doesn't compare to the one before it.

Original 4 mario games for the NES and SNES, also for the NES is a fantastic game called Blastermaster.

ZELDA -Original NES game. AWESOME!!!

I agrre with what some of you said, Diablo, Neverwinter Nights. AND the Mist games are awesome.

Gosh, I could go on and on. Oh, yeah, I do have one online game weakness. Mostly younger kids play it, but for some reason I am totally addicted. RUNESCAPE. It also gives me a way to connect with the teens I work with.

Access Hero

Registered User.
Local time
Best:
Zelda OOT

Most hours logged:
World of Warcraft

Also spent a lot of time playing Runescape with my son but that was while I was out of town a lot and before we discovered WoW.

I totally enjoyed many of the games on C64 back in the day. Many were simple but very fun. I also have a weakness for the puzzle type games (Tetris, Mine Sweeper, card games, etc.). I've spent a lot of time with the Total War series and enjoyed them quite a bit. Also liked the Banjo Kazooie series.

Worst:
Who cares? I don't play it.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
If I ever played WoW my real life would end.... So I have never played it. lol. Those puzzle type games are really addicting, plus you feel kinda good because you're working your mind some.

Access Hero

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, something like that.

What's really pathetic is that you can now get 3rd party add ons for WoW so you can play puzzle games while you're playing WoW. My son does this ALL the time and his party members have to get on to him for not paying attention to the game ("are you playing Bejewelled again?").

For the record: I was playing WoW until 2 AM this morning (don't tell my wife). It can be a bit addictive.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
LOL, I have heard of many marriages being strained due to WoW. The trick is to get your spouse addicted to gaming as well, which worked for one of my friends. Then they don't bug you as much. :)

Access Hero

Registered User.
Local time
I tried that with her recently. She complained that I never suggested anything we could do together. So I asked her the following week to play WoW with me. It didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
LOL, You tried to get her to play a really complex game! I bet she had a hard time with the controls. What about guitar hero?

Access Hero

Registered User.
Local time
She played Guitar Hero with my son and enjoyed it. She wouldn't even attempt playing WoW with me. The last game I got her to play was either Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures or Tetris (back in the early '90s).

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Hmmmm. What about some online games like cribbage, or other card games that you can compete with. Online farkle on Facebook is particularly addicting.

Access Hero

Registered User.
Local time
It took me months to get her on FB and she only looks at it once a week. She just hates computers.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
My stepmom is that way, I don't even think she knows how to use e-mail. She makes my younger brother do stuff for her. I personally don't understand how people DON'T like computers.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have one more comment about a game that was the best for me at the time, not because I liked it so much (actually, I really did like it) but because of how my grandson reacted to it and the fond memory I have for the game and its surrounding events.

When Mech Warrior 2 first came out, I had a copy of that one pretty quickly. My stepson, daughter-in-law, and grandson were living with us temporarily while they were getting their finances cleaned up - which they did fairly soon. But it meant that for a while, my #1 grandson was underfoot.

He heard all the racket from MW2, with zaps and explosions and cannon shots and the like. So one evening he crawled into my room while I was playing and being a toddler, just HAD to explore. He said, "Paw paw play BOOM, T. play BOOM." Thereafter, "BOOM" was the name for any computer game that involved explosions. He would say "Play BOOM, Paw paw" then hold up those baby arms in hopes I would take him to the computer so he could play.

I allowed him to sit on my left knee and fire the guns. (Quickly had to go online to learn the "infinite ammo" cheat right after that started. Aiming, he learned; ammo conservation, he didn't.) So there we were, him happily shooting the guns and me controlling the joystick. Until...

One night he was shooting and I was steering. He started looking at the joystick and the keyboard and kept looking back and forth between the two of them. You could almost hear the little gears grinding. Then, in his baby voice (he was maybe around three) he clearly said "Other knee paw-paw." So I swapped him to my other knee, he grabbed the joystick, and I never played that game again until they finally bought their house to move out. Oh, I loaded the game and helped with the controls, but he steered, he shot with the joystick trigger (and became a darned good shot), and he made cute little comments entirely appropriate to the moment.

So there is a fond spot in my heart for Mech Warrior 2.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
That has got to be one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. No wonder that game is one of your favs. I t would be one of mine too.

rberkers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:42
I am the last years into online games a lot. Started with Ultima Online. Played Asherons Call, Lineage II, Starwars Galaxy. City of Villains, Everquest II and some more...

Best game for is Everquest II and the worst World of Warcraft...

Rob.

HAMMAMABUARQOUB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:42
I still see the Operation Flashpoint (GOTY) with ECP and other Mods the best game ever, in all values...
Also the VBS1 and DF5 BHD TeamSabre..
But OPFP is the best! I spend hours playing and modifying missions,...it's wornderful, realist battle, guns, planning, weapons terrians, effects, and all..

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:42
I had one with MotoGP bike races. In its day it was quite advanced. The tracks were pretty close to the real layouts. I had to drive it all with the keyboard though. Never got far beyond the basic level where it managed the gear changes automatically. Too easy to blow the engine on the advanced. Where was that rev limiter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom