Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Old 09-01-2019, 04:25 AM   #1
MickJav
Newly Registered User

MickJav will become famous soon enough
Crosstab Between dates

I have a query that I built to feed data to a crosstab query As Below

Hope somebody can point out where I'm going wrong with the between data And date I created these with the expression builder

Code:
SELECT QryEmployeesCombos.Employee, tblEmployeeAndJobs.AssignedDate, tblJobs.JobName, Format([tblEmployeeAndJobs.TimeStart],"Short Time") & " | " & Format([tblEmployeeAndJobs.TimeEnd],"Short Time") AS Times
FROM tblJobs INNER JOIN (tblEmployeeAndJobs INNER JOIN QryEmployeesCombos ON tblEmployeeAndJobs.EmployeeID = QryEmployeesCombos.EmployeeID) ON tblJobs.JobID = tblEmployeeAndJobs.JobID
WHERE (((tblEmployeeAndJobs.AssignedDate) Between [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtFrom] And [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtTo]));
The crosstab works fine without the limits I.E. between txtFrom And txtTo

When I add the limits I get the message below

The crosstab is a datasheet subform as below but once I'm happy with it I intend using it on a report but wanted to play with it as I haven't done a lot with crosstabs before adding to a report

Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-09-01.png (8.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: png 2019-09-01 (1).png (38.7 KB, 97 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MickJav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:39 AM   #2
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about
Re: Crosstab Between dates

And that is the form FrmJobsCrosstab ?

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:45 AM   #3
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
And that is the form FrmJobsCrosstab ?

Yes Just using it so I can get it wright

Old 09-01-2019, 04:49 AM   #4
MickJav
Newly Registered User

This is the SQL for the crosstab just in case it'll help

Code:
TRANSFORM First(QryJobCrosstabData.Times) AS FirstOfTimes
SELECT QryJobCrosstabData.Employee
FROM QryJobCrosstabData
GROUP BY QryJobCrosstabData.Employee
PIVOT Format([AssignedDate],"Short Date");

EDIT: When I add the Between dates into QryJobCrosstabData like Between #01/09/2019# And #07/09/2019# It works

Last edited by MickJav; 09-01-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #5
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

No, I am just asking as you said you built the query parameters from the Builder, so the control and form names should be correctly spelled, and that form is open when you search?, so at a loss as to why access cannot find the controls.

As a workaround you could use Globals or TempVars?, but I'd love to know what the problem was if you get to the bottom of it.?

Old 09-01-2019, 04:58 AM   #6
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
No, I am just asking as you said you built the query parameters from the Builder, so the control and form names should be correctly spelled, and that form is open when you search?, so at a loss as to why access cannot find the controls.

As a workaround you could use Globals or TempVars?, but I'd love to know what the problem was if you get to the bottom of it.?

I have a feeling it's related to windows update as had a problem yeasterday with another between query I found a work around there will try using your idear but not done that before with a query

thanks mick

Old 09-01-2019, 05:01 AM   #7
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

I'm on 1903.
Do you want to upload the minimum to test it.?

Old 09-01-2019, 05:14 AM   #8
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
I'm on 1903.
Do you want to upload the minimum to test it.?

Just About to go shopping but can pull that data and queries out Have got rid of the datasheet subform and now using the Query As the subforms recordsource like Query.QryJobCrosstab I no longer get the message but I don't get any data using the between txtfrom and txtto but it works when i use between #01/09/2019# and #07/09/2019# in the data query

Old 09-01-2019, 05:25 AM   #9
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,597 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

1. You need Forms!FormName.Form.FormControlName.FormName. You omitted the .Form
2. If you are doing this as SQL in your VBA code, you need to format the UK dates as mm/dd/yyyy
2. Are you aware that the dates in your screenshot aren't in chronological order?

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:27 AM   #10
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Probably something to do witth the format?

Old 09-01-2019, 06:08 AM   #11
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,078 Times in 1,059 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJav View Post
Just About to go shopping but can pull that data and queries out Have got rid of the datasheet subform and now using the Query As the subforms recordsource like Query.QryJobCrosstab I no longer get the message but I don't get any data using the between txtfrom and txtto but it works when i use between #01/09/2019# and #07/09/2019# in the data query
Hi. Just as a test, try adding the following at the beginning of your Crosstab Query SQL:
Code:
PARAMETERS [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtFrom] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtTo] DateTime;
Hope it helps...

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:24 AM   #12
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
2. If you are doing this as SQL in your VBA code, you need to format the UK dates as mm/dd/yyyy
2. Are you aware that the dates in your screenshot aren't in chronological order?

Yes I only intend for their to be one weeks entries so havent set an order as yet will try adding form to the expression Thanks

Old 09-01-2019, 06:26 AM   #13
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Hi. Just as a test, try adding the following at the beginning of your Crosstab Query SQL:
Code:
PARAMETERS [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtFrom] DateTime, [Forms]![FrmJobsCrosstab]![txtTo] DateTime;
Hope it helps...

Hi Just tried that no luck I have also noticed when I make changes to queries It no longer asks me to save the changes it just does it but on forms and others it asks me to save

Old 09-01-2019, 06:44 AM   #14
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post

Sorted the ordering there are dates missing as these haven't had time assigned but would have for the complete weekly rota

Just tried adding form but no luck Going to see if I can pull what I need out and post it.

I have also noticed if the data query has the between limits when I click to open the crosstab Nothing happens so I copied the sql and deleted the old one and recreated it.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #15
MickJav
Newly Registered User

Taken everything out thats needed and added to uploaded db

thanks all for your help mick
Attached Files
File Type: zip Database1.zip (44.9 KB, 2 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: