Quicken Renaming Rules (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Yesterday, 21:40
I am having trouble with Quicken downloading the wrong names with checks. When I go to the help menu, and or goggle it, I always get the same thing.
CHECK renaming rules.
The problem is, renaming rules don't make any sense to me. I never can figure out what they are asking me to do. Can someone explain what renaming rules are all about and how to use them?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Are you saying these instructions don't make sense to you?
PHP:
I just open my quicken and followed the instructions on the link you sent me:
Click on Edit > Preferences. Under Register, (no problem)
click on Downloaded Transactions. (no problem)
 Click on Renaming Rules.(no problem)
 Click Add a Rule.(no problem)

PHP:
Quicken will rename the downloaded payee: rename it to what?  All I want is whatever is on the check.

PHP:
Dialog box says change payee to (list of payee) to:
 Option 1. “if payee contains” [I am supposed to type something in dialog box]??? contains what? 
All I want is whatever is on the check.

Option2. “If quicken name is” How am I supposed to guess what the quicken name is going to be?
All I want is whatever is on the check.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
Sorry I guess I shouldn't have butted in on this thread never have used Quicken myself, but I thought the Web site might help. I guess not so much.

It sounds like you don't want any rules. If you follow the instructions for editing rules do you find existing rules? If so can you delete them?

If there are no rules and Quicken is renaming whatever is on the check, how is it renaming it? I'm just curious about this. If it is doing that I don't know what to tell you, but maybe some other forum member might have some ideas.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Sorry I guess I shouldn't have butted in on this thread never have used Quicken myself, but I thought the Web site might help. I guess not so much.

It sounds like you don't want any rules. If you follow the instructions for editing rules do you find existing rules? If so can you delete them?

If there are no rules and Quicken is renaming whatever is on the check, how is it renaming it? I'm just curious about this. If it is doing that I don't know what to tell you, but maybe some other forum member might have some ideas.

I just had two checks come thru. One for taxes on my property. The other to my church. Both checks came thru as George Albright Tax Collector. One was correct, the other wrong.
How I miss MS Money

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom