Circular references (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:19
I am very new to Excel. I have built a SS that works but every time I open it, I get a message that says I have a Circular references. I have looked at all my formulas and they seem to be correct and it calculates correctly. How do i find the error? screen shot attached.

Attachments

• forfmularscropped.png
    forfmularscropped.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 139

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:19
From Help:

If you can't find the error, click the Formulas tab, click the arrow next to Error Checking, point to Circular References, and then click the first cell listed in the submenu.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
From Help:

If you can't find the error, click the Formulas tab, click the arrow next to Error Checking, point to Circular References, and then click the first cell listed in the submenu.

Paul,
I followed your instructions and it brought me to the supposed error, but when I looked at the formula it looks ok to me. Do you have time to look at it.

Attachments

• Fairs 2017.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 108

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
ALSO:
This SS compares 2016 results with 2017 results. For 2017 to 2018 is there anyway to use the data over again but just change the results, or am I going to have to type/copy and paste the data back into another work book.?

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:19
Your circular error is in cell K23. The formula in this cell is =23:42191 whatever that is supposed to mean. If you delete this formula then the circular reference disappears.

What were you trying to achieve with the formula in K23 anyway?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Your circular error is in cell K23. The formula in this cell is =23:42191 whatever that is supposed to mean. If you delete this formula then the circular reference disappears.

What were you trying to achieve with the formula in K23 anyway?

Thanks. I wasn't trying to achieve anything. I forgot that column was even there. When I did the error check I went to the column for line 23 that had formulas, not realizing it said column K. I will pay more attention to the column net time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom