Transfer spreadsheet (to Excel) stopped working (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
I have an Access Macro with the transferspreadsheet command to a special named workbook in an Excel Spreadsheet. The name of the workbook is the same name as the Access table being transferred. It just now began throwing throwing an "Unexpected error from External Database driver (1)". ANY ideas why it no longer runs?? I did install office 365 recently, but this is still running on Office 2002. I also put the database into 365 and tried the same Macro there, and it APPEARS to run fine in 365. No other changes have been made in many months (at all ) to either the 2002 database nor to the .xls spreadsheet.

Last edited:

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Just realized that the transfer "from" spreadsheet (from Excel to Access) is not working either.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:18
Just a shot in the dark but maybe the Excel versions being expected changed. You might poke that argument with a stick.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:18
As you have tried using a newer version of Access, you may well have a VBA references issue.

In particular, if you are using the Excel reference library, check whether its marked as MISSING in the VBE.

Another possibility is that you have the wrong spreadsheet type for Access 2002/XP. I believe you should be using Excel 2000 format which is acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9

e.g. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, TableName, FileName, True

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
The Excel 10.0 Obj. Lib. was missing, and I added it, but still fails.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:18
OK - that's step 1 sorted

Step 2:
Have you checked you are using acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9 for both import & export?

What error message do you get when it 'fails'?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:18
There is no excel12 on pre 2007 version, so its obvious when the filefile being created is. Xls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom