Viewing google calendar in access form (1 Viewer)

Birrel88

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
Hello there,

Im designing a database right now. And one thing I like to do is view a couple of days from a google calendar on the main form.
I tried a couple of things, some which work better then the other but there isnt one perfect.

The thing is, almost everything the company needs to manage will be in ms access, except for the schedule, this is done in google calendar since it needs to be accessed and viewed also on a mobile.

So the idea we have now is to view a couple of days (lets say 3) in advance on the main form in the access app. Its not needed to add appointments or change them, only a read only is good enough.

I tried a couple of things.
Made a web control (dont remember the name) in the form, it allows me to use the wen browser inside a form. It works well for visiting webpages, but not for the google calendar. It gives me this annoying messagebox where it asks for ok or cancel saying it will be read only. And when I press okay, i cant change the view, only givingme the month view.

Next thing i did, syncing google calendar to ms outlook, then adding a linked table to access. Problem here os that it doesnt give me the start and end date/time.

Last thing I tried, is the Outlook View Control. I can change a couple of things, how it looks, hoe many days it views, and its working. But still not the best thing to do . It needs outlook and it still isnt very customisable.

The best thing to have is import all the appointments in a table, and it needs to be synced.
I readed about the google api and using vba.

Im very bad at using vba, and i looked on a lot of places on the internet but couldnt find how to make it work, thats why im asking the wuestion now.

Im using MS Access 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom