Control wizard not functioning (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:53
I am using Access 2016 in Windows 10.

I am trying to get the wizard to start for adding controls to a form - a button, to be precise.

Using both ways to access the "Use Control Wizard" (from the arrow at the end of the controls list, and entering "Wizard" in What do you want to do and selecting Controls, etc., still does not generate the wizard when adding a new control.

A basic and usually simple process is now complicated???

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks.

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
So the Wizard button IS pressed? (photo)

control wizard.png

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. I selected it via two different paths.

I also registered the dao360.dll file and referenced the Microsoft DAO 3.6 library (which wasn't checked) as suggested in further research. Still no wizard.

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
What I think is happening is when i click on Use Control Wizards button, the drop down list collapses so I don't see if the pressing took. When I reopen the drop down list , the Use Control Wizards button still looks like it wasn't pressed.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
What I think is happening is when i click on Use Control Wizards button, the drop down list collapses so I don't see if the pressing took. When I reopen the drop down list , the Use Control Wizards button still looks like it wasn't pressed.

You might have a defective mouse..

Could you tab through with the keyboard only?

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
That didn't work either. I actually just opened an old mdb file through Access 2016 and the control wizard worked.

I also repaired Office 2016.

Still can't get the wizard to work.

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks -

I know about the wizards. The trouble is that the wizard will not start for me and I've researched and tried things that I found but none of them are working.

It seems to be a configuration between Access 2016 and Windows 10. Others seem to have the same problem and I found one thread where the guy never seemed to get it corrected.

This is a basic aspect of Access design and it's not working??????

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
...I actually just opened an old mdb file through Access 2016 and the control wizard worked...

That sounds to me like the file could be corrupted. You might try the old 'create a new file and Import everything into it' routine...only takes a minute and works an amazing number of times when a file is corrupt.

Linq ;0)>

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I also registered the dao360.dll file and referenced the Microsoft DAO 3.6 library (which wasn't checked) as suggested in further research. Still no wizard.

You should not be using the DAO reference library in Access 2016.
That's a legacy library used with e.g. Access 2003
Instead you should be using the default Microsoft Office 16.0 Access database engine object library.

As these 2 libraries 'clash' you cannot have both at the same time
Remove DAO & add the newer library.

I suspect the wizard worked with the mdb file because it was 'happy' with the DAO reference.
ACCDB files expect the newer reference

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,213

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom